• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Roll bar cover

Gribb

Reaction score
What's the best option for roll bar covers. It is not a race car but I would like for it to look good. I should have painted it before I put the insides together, but I didn't. IMG_20140210_123212_837.jpg

IMG_20140210_123212_837.jpg

Gribb

Reaction score
It will depend on many things. Bar diameter. What material do you like. Leather, vinyl, foam? Laced or Velcro ?

They are 1.25" diameter, I thought about wrapping them in vinyl with velcro but I'm afraid it won't hold very good over the long term. I don't really like snaps. Foam is not the look I wanted. I couldn't find any pictures of leather or vinyl wrapped to see.

Gribb

Reaction score
I've been messing around with the idea of sanding them and giving them the bushed aluminum look. Would I need to clear them to protect them?

steve817

Reaction score
I would wet sand them to get the "look" you wanted in bare steel and then use the "Rust Prevention Magic" RPM from ECS automotive to preserve. You can actually buff the surface where it looks and feels great. I have been using RPM on bare steel and it is inexpensive. Steve

Back