• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Saw this today

DetMatt1

Reaction score
image.jpeg
I rarely stop when I see a random car in a parking lot but this one got my attention. It's not for sale, I did inquire. I won't share the vin but it is a real JS23N car with an automatic and it's pretty early.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
This didn't really start out as a social experiment but I was surprised that this didn't spark at least a couple of comments. I mean this is a forum where we talk about E-bodies, isn't it???
So I posted the same thread over at FCBO where we talk about big cars and anything else that gets posted and though I know it's a more active site it had half a dozen comments in the first couple of hours. I know, different site, different people but .....
Saw this today

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I'll bite. I've not been here much due to my daughters graduation. Is it licensed? Does it still have the original 383? Why is it not for sale? Was it a family members car. Does he plan to redo it? Or better yet, is it owned by a she? Lastly the most important question is , How are the frame rails??

340challconvert

Reaction score
The 71 body appears clean. Some orange? showing through in the primed areas.
Many Challengers usually rust out on the bottom of the front fenders, and lower quarters in the rear as typical.
Trunk floors are usually gone, and cars with vinyl roofs have trouble in the roof or window trim areas.
Cowl areas can also be a hidden problem.

I know that we can't see every thing on this car, but the body visually appears decent without the typical bottom of fender/rear quarter rust.
The bottom of the passenger door could have been primed due to rust spots as well as the rear quarter louvers where holes are drilled for installation?
Who knows without a direct inspection. Looks like a fun RT survivor to me; I would take it home.
Just my thoughts!
Dino2 (1).gif

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Congrats on your daughters graduation! High school? Fun times!
I don't know anything about the car. It was parked at a mechanics shop near my shop so I called the shop to inquire. My life has been a blur these last few weeks but iirc he said the owner has had it a while and spends money on improvements and repairs every year so it's getting some love. The hood is missing one call out and the other is a 440 magnum so I have no idea what's under the hood. If I ever see it again I'll make more of an effort to find out more about it. I do know I wouldn't drive it anywhere with those tires on it.

wingcarenvy

Reaction score
Super cool. I don't come here much either, its pretty slow here on this website. As a matter of fact I don't do much on the internet anymore. I love seeing cars like this in everyday life. It reminds me of the eighties when I would pedal my BMX bike around and see cool stuff sitting in every parking lot. It was like a car show where ever you went and I think that is why the whole battered muscle car movement is coming from. When I was a kid there used to be a dark green 70 Coronet R/T 440 mag auto and dana 60 sitting in the grocery store around the corner from my house. I used to see it every day and on the license plate frame it said "only god has the wrath of a 440 magnum" or something like that. Anyways thanks for sharing.

moparlee

Reaction score
I think it's cool. I would buy it, take it home, give it some more TLC and drive it. At least the owner takes it to a mechanic once in awhile.

Back