• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Saying Hello

SmudgeServices

Reaction score
Been a lurker for a few years now, hopin' to get in on some fun chit-chat with some other fellow Mopar doodz. I'm down in central Texas.

I'm lucky enough to possess a 1970 Dodge Challenger 440 6pack R/T car. She's a ton of fun, weekend driver just for the joy. Torqueflite 727 auto, 3:23 posi. Car has been in the family for 15+ years although she's only been "mine" for the last 3-4 years. Grew up in a Mopar family; the old man drag raced for fun when i was growing up so i spent a decent amount of time at the track when i was a youngster. He owns/runs a restoration shop up at the house in Maryland. Does a lot of camaro work but he's a real mopar guy. He's got 33 Dodge truck, 68 camaro convertible restomod (ls1 on air), 69 roadrunner A12 440 6pack (all original), 60 roadrunner hemi car (all original), 60's mustang, and some.

My Challenger ("Beverly") came into possession from a deal he made many years ago. He was purchasing another car from a guy and deal'd it such that he had her thrown in. She was making a rattle noise in the engine so the old man parked her in the back of the garage where she sat for the 15+ years. A few years ago, living down in Texas after a drunken night watching Vanishing Point for the 200th time, i wanted a project car so i called him up to make a deal for her. End of the day, i took a few months off of work, flew up to his shop, and worked with him to restore her mechanically (some body work and paint done for rid of the rust). I didn't want it to be too nice that i couldn't enjoy taking her out. After a few months of work, i drove her on the maiden voyage back 1700+ miles back down here to Texas where she's been with me since.

Was originally a 383 R/T car with all the bells and whistles according to the VIN. Had vinyl top, A/C, etc. Someone along the line of her life turned her into a race car so the vinyl and A/C went away. That's how she got the 440. That person also swapped the rear for a 4.10 gear. Was a 4 barrel but, lucky me, during the restoration my dad pulled out an old aluminum '69 half year 6 pack intake manifold with the original carbs which we put on. We pulled the 4.10 to put in a 3.23 (gas and fun cruisin' friendly).

We cruise whenever it's not too hot. Once day i'll get the money to put A/C Vintage Air back in. Windows still crank so that's good enough for me. I had an issue with the third member a few months ago so it was rebuilt but i'm still having issues with it... (i made another thread to ask y'alls advice). When it gets straightened out I'm sincerely considering pulling the original '69 6 pack and intake off and going to a FiTech Tri-Power fuel injection setup. Any y'all have experience with FiTech or looking to purchase an original 6 pack setup from '69??? :)

well, that's enough for now. thanks!

20170407_150145.jpg

IMG_20161124_171305_01.jpg

20160729_202526.jpg

20160719_083548.jpg

SubstandardFullSizeRender (1).jpg

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome from Nebraska! That's a sweet looking Challenger! Thanks for the pics and history! Great to have you here on FEBO!
:)

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas! Beautiful challenger you have. JMO, I’ve heard to many negative stories on on the those. I’d stick with the carbs. Just like I have. Glad your on the site.

Back