• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SE tail panel clips

Sebastian

Reaction score
@fk5aar that looks like a nice Chally with a very nice paint job on it!
Unfortunatelly my cars paint job was one of the fast and cheap ones.. maybe i will take care about that one day too.

@/sixchall or maybe @all:
A friend of mine is gunsmith and i am working for a company in the heavy steelwork branche.
We have a big shop there with a couple of professional welders.
If someone could send me detailed pictures with dimensions, thread dimensions and stuff of all the different fasteners i can try to reproduce them from hardened spring steel.
I cant say how expensive that would become but i am willing to try.
If it turns out to work nice i can imagine to sell a kit at cost price.
But remember i am from Germany so there would be shipping (and taxes?) too then - just to mention that.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Oh I forgot!
I found these two comrades here:

2018-06-01-15-58-14.jpg

I assume these to be the correct lower fasteners? Can someone confirm that?
If yes i only need the previosly mentioned infos about the edge fasteners!

fk5aar

Reaction score
Thanks Sebastian, it’s a 2 tag rt go mango over burnt orange interior. The man who painted it never re assembled the car before he passed then I bought it from his family and have the pleasure of putting her together. It came with a lot of the bolts and fasteners so I need to look through all the small plastic bags and see if I have the fasteners. I might have a few that he saved. Original Front seat pic off topic but just sharing

1A651134-CB10-4FD3-8FAC-6F054875C000.jpeg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Oh I forgot!
I found these two comrades here:

View attachment 50095

I assume these to be the correct lower fasteners? Can someone confirm that?
If yes i only need the previosly mentioned infos about the edge fasteners!
They are the correct fasteners. I have made them from channel. You have to do two cuts in the channel and bend it. I used carriage bolts that were tack welded to the channel.

Sebastian

Reaction score
I see a lot of orange cars in this thread and i like it! :D
I wish my car had original vinyl seats installed but i think its not easy to prevent the material from aging, warping and finally cracking..the Legendary seats are good quality ones though.

@challenger6pak thanks for the hint.
I think i will try and error to find a satisfying solution.

I hope someone can support my with the required infos about the edge retainers.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Selfmade retainer project paused due to moving.
I would like to push my search for original retainers at this point.
Someone has to have at least some of them for sale...:confused:

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
I just got some of these for @plymouthbelvy , they are really hard to find ! Let me know in a month if ya haven’t found them, I will be at a place that there is a couple se’s With finish panels that are parts cars , just a warning, they won’t be dirt cheap but he usually is somewhat fair with his prices .

67A94AD7-2DFF-44AB-BAC2-DBD066C9A82B.jpeg

2C3FDC20-4422-4145-99CC-75BA668EEC83.jpeg

Last edited:

Sebastian

Reaction score
Hey there @B5BLUERT !
I would totally need the two different retainers shown in the following pictures.
I marked the pics with the needed quantity.
2018-08-07-04-48-09.jpg

2018-08-07-04-46-17.jpg

It would be a great thing if you could manage to get hands on these and let me know!

Sebastian

Reaction score
Oh, and just in addition to clarify - maybe for other users:
The "6pcs" corner retainers are needed instead of the standard ones that @B5BLUERT posted in his pic on the left side.
What i saw on other forums a lot ppl think they can use the standard retainers with the tail panel.
2018-08-07-04-58-23.jpg

2018-08-07-04-46-17.jpg

B5BLUERT

Reaction score
Oh, and just in addition to clarify - maybe for other users:
The "6pcs" corner retainers are needed instead of the standard ones that @B5BLUERT posted in his pic on the left side.
What i saw on other forums a lot ppl think they can use the standard retainers with the tail panel.
View attachment 51477
View attachment 51478
That’s interesting because I personally took those off a two owner se that had a dash fire years ago that a good friend of mine owns. Those clips on the left are what I removed from the corners. Maybe @plymouthbelvy can chime in and tell us what he used to put his finish panel on last week.

plymouthbelvy

Reaction score
That’s interesting because I personally took those off a two owner se that had a dash fire years ago that a good friend of mine owns. Those clips on the left are what I removed from the corners. Maybe @plymouthbelvy can chime in and tell us what he used to put his finish panel on last week.
Hi Guys,I used what Sebastian has in his pics.I used the center ones from B5BLUERT but not the corners.They must have been switch out for those corners in pic. Mike.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.
It would have been a good thing if the standard ones would have been useable.
Now we know!

quapman

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pic of the lower fasteners in a panel? I'd volunteer to make a bunch of these things, but man, I have nooooo extra time.

/sixchall

Reaction score
9D4A7170-F948-4B75-B1DB-2B18EB175892.png
Quapman.........here is my pic again of all the original fasteners for the ‘70 Challenger rear SE finish panel. They are to my understanding just as hard to find as the panel itself. I have a finish panel and fasteners, it is truly hard to place a value here.

quapman

Reaction score
I know what they look like individually, but was looking for a good pic of them installed in the panel to see exactly how they fit in the groove.

Sebastian

Reaction score
Hey @quapman
Here s a picture from my panel with one of the two clips i have.
The clips wont fit very tight but when you fasten them through the holes they kind a get jammed in position.
IMG_20180602_163958.jpg

I also started to make tech. drawings of the bottom clip.
They are ready and very accurate, with bending lines.
I stopped working on them because i move and i wont have access to a shop for now.
I can share the drawing if needed.
IMG_20180626_220022.jpg

/sixchall

Reaction score
Sorry Quapman, misunderstood, don’t have any pics showing installation or installed. Sebastian has a couple of great pics there.

quapman

Reaction score
I modified some furniture clips and this is a first attempt. Creative criticism please. I ordered some shorter studs, also.

DSCN6432.JPG

DSCN6429.JPG

DSCN6430.JPG

DSCN6431.JPG

Back