• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SEAT BELT WARNING LIGHT

340 Slapstick

Reaction score
I took my gran coupe all apart and as I put it all back together I have re-used the overhead console wiring. I didn't see any wiring for the seat belts to trigger the warning light. I wonder if I can get a little harness add on or?? how do I get the light to go off once I get going in the car. I would rather not just remove the bulb but I don't want to burn out the plastic letter panel.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The only year for the Gran Coupe was 70 , there was an option for the overhead console in 71.
I would have to study the wiring diagrams to see what triggers the warning light .

Ralph

Reaction score
Seat belt warning light has a wire that follows the hump to underside of seat with a connector below the seat.

Used to have a photo of it - if I find it I will send.

Ralph

Reaction score
Sorry could not find it but this photo shows the connection to the seat !

Attachments

• seat belt warning.jpg
    seat belt warning.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 130

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I believe the seat switch is the same one that is used in 73 and 74 for the dash seat belt light.

70 4715

Reaction score
The only year for the Gran Coupe was 70 , there was an option for the overhead console in 71.
I would have to study the wiring diagrams to see what triggers the warning light .
No so, you’re thinking of the Challenger SE option, which was one year only, 1970, and was an “option” for 1971, known as a Formal Roof Package. Barracuda Gran Coupe - BP on the VIN was available in both 1970 and 1971, and was discontinued after 1971.

Yu8mydust

Reaction score
I’m adding an overhead console to my non gran coupe Barracuda. I have all the original wiring from one and it’s my understanding it’s tied in to the ignition timer warning buzzer. When you start the car the fasten seatbelt lights up and then goes off after a few seconds automatically. There are no wires to connect the console to the seat belts that I have.

Back