• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

seat cover interchangeability

Mopar madness

Reaction score
does anyone on here know if seat covers for a 71 challenger will fit on 72 challenger seats i found a good deal for some brand new ones

340challconvert

Reaction score
The seat frames should be the same. Both 71 and 72 seats still used hard plastic seat backs so the 71 covers should fit. I think you would need to have the correct seat foam set for the 71 seats since they were molded to fit specific interior seat covers.
I would check with Legendary on this. JMO

Mopar madness

Reaction score
The seat frames should be the same. Both 71 and 72 seats still used hard plastic seat backs so the 71 covers should fit. I think you would need to have the correct seat foam set for the 71 seats since they were molded to fit specific interior seat covers.
I would check with Legendary on this. JMO
Thanks it looks like you are correct on this

NoCar340

Reaction score
The seats changed sometime in '72 from the hard rear cover to the back being upholstered all the way down a la '73-'74, along with some other minor interior changes. What I don't know is if the seat foam arrangement changed. The '73-'74 upper foam is molded directly to the frame and is not easily replaced; I don't know if that changed happened when the plastic rear covers vanished or not. Suffice to say, if the new seats have the hard rear covers, the '71 parts should fit. The seat-release parts for my soft-back '74 buckets came out of a very original-looking '72 340 Rallye with soft-back seats that matched the rear.

Back