• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seems Kinda Odd?...

dkinworthy

Reaction score
Ok, Heres the deal, new 360 motor is in, 727 Transmission, and drivetrain as well. Even drove it down the block once to check it out. All appears to be just great. put the trunk lid back on , put on new hood hinges, installed the hood. put a dab of paint on the center post of the carb, slowly close the hood till it touches and wa'-la' center of the hole to cut for the hood scoop. HEY? its not center of the hood.The mark is exactly one inch to the right (passenger side) off center. Is this normal or what did I do wrong?:confused:

Last edited:

dkinworthy

Reaction score
The engine is offset in the engine bay. Steering box and master cylinder/booster needed extra space so the factory offset the engine. Also the differential is offset.

PHEW! Thanks Guys, I really didn't want to take it all apart again. I did notice the differential was a tad off too but wasn't worried to much i didn't move it. I wanted to make sure before I started cutting a huge 15"? hole in the hood. Thanks Again!

Bill

Reaction score
This is a good picture of a 340 in my 73 Challenger. I thought there was a problem with it being off center at first too. Notice how it is set off to the passengers side.
011 (6).jpg

011 (6).jpg

Last edited:
Back