• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Seriously thinking about buying this car .

johnstoybox

Reaction score
Hey guys i,m thinking about buying a car and kinda would like some thoughts . First off i,ve messed with cars my whole life and have quite a few now but have always dreamed/wanted to find or have a real rare barn find or time capsule so called . Well a friend of mine has a lead on a 1970 Cuda 440 six pack 4 spd Dana 60 car . I have not seen it yet but am going to set up a time to go look at it .
The car is almost all there , only thing found missing so far is the original wheels , radiator and exhaust manifolds . The numbers matching engine trans are out of the car but are there and not damaged .
So what i,m kinda wanting is some advice on what is a fair price for a car like this that is mostly all there but needs restoration ?
I Know its hard without seeing it but i ran some numbers on it and its is what they say it is . It also has very very little rust .
The other thing is I am wondering how hard it is to find correct or nos parts for these cars .

Bug Guy

Reaction score
I would not worry about nos parts to much get your dream car and go from there! These cars aren’t out there in large numbers , Get it put it together and enjoy it 🥳

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
E0C316A6-4B3B-4C93-9F5F-B0BB7D712E27.gif

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
No seriously. Look at the car and take pictures. While you take pictures or you sleep on it.And decide you have the skill or endless disposable income and time. (There is and echo TIME TIME TIME!.) I would buy it.As far as finding the parts.more then likely then can be found but not necessary. A dream car is all a matter of preference.As far as the all the parts being there. that is a big plus. It saves you time figuring out what you need and finding it. If you have broken pieces in your hand you know what you need or you can fix it or make it. As far as original motor That's a plus. It means someone was a good Stewart.As far as a price,condition is everything.Share picture,asking price and the numbers you ran. No one can give you a good number with out info.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
You probably had better buy it. I've been looking for cuda's for 20 years now and have yet to come up with a 440 car.
Buy it, store it, be a good steward of the car and sell it down the road if you can't get it put back together. Better than sitting in a barn doing nothing. Unless your moving it outside. I see MN. So definitely don't let it sit outside.

Pictures are a must. V code cars are not cheap. Your in the 20K range to start off with just knowing it's a V code car with minimal rust. Although, deals have been had in the past. Maybe you will get lucky. (lucky being cheap purchase).

challenger6pak

Reaction score
I would say up to $40,000 from your description. A fender tag and/ or buildsheet is needed for the $40,000

johnstoybox

Reaction score
Thanks guys so far for the input . So here's a little bit more info . I still haven't gotten to see it in person yet but am trying to set up a time to do so . Car has 68k on the odometer . I was allowed a few pictures from my friend but the lady that owns it DOES NOT want them on the internet so as of right now No photos . Initial price was 60k and it sounds like its gonna take 50k to own it . So ill keep ya posted and see if I can get this done . Thats more $$$$$ than i thought i,d ever spend on a project but i,m not sure ill ever find another one .

johnstoybox

Reaction score
You probably had better buy it. I've been looking for cuda's for 20 years now and have yet to come up with a 440 car.
Buy it, store it, be a good steward of the car and sell it down the road if you can't get it put back together. Better than sitting in a barn doing nothing. Unless your moving it outside. I see MN. So definitely don't let it sit outside.

Pictures are a must. V code cars are not cheap. Your in the 20K range to start off with just knowing it's a V code car with minimal rust. Although, deals have been had in the past. Maybe you will get lucky. (lucky being cheap purchase).
Thanks Cuda Hunter . I think thats a good idea about storing it until i get the time to put it together .
I have two cars i,m restoring right now so my rotisserie is currently tied up .

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I know and i hear ya.
I'll post pictures if i can make the deal .
From what I have seen, it's really on the buyer/seller in most cases (meaning condition and completeness are worth a lot).
I went thru the same thing with my 74 318 Challenger about 10 years ago - what was it worth? I wanted it and struggled to find a good comparison for determining a price. (I was buying from a friend that owned it since it was about a year old.) I ended up paying $5k for it and later found that that was actually a pretty good deal. That was for an almost complete, but less desirable year, less desirable engine and option package in non running condition with almost no rust, (but previously repaired damage).
From what I have seen the price climbs significantly with all the right numbers matching parts (engine /trans) even more important with a big block 70-71 car. So $50k doesnt seem that unreasonable in my mind. Good luck - hope it works out.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Thanks guys so far for the input . So here's a little bit more info . I still haven't gotten to see it in person yet but am trying to set up a time to do so . Car has 68k on the odometer . I was allowed a few pictures from my friend but the lady that owns it DOES NOT want them on the internet so as of right now No photos . Initial price was 60k and it sounds like its gonna take 50k to own it . So ill keep ya posted and see if I can get this done . Thats more $$$$$ than i thought i,d ever spend on a project but i,m not sure ill ever find another one .
If you are planning on buying it, what does it matter if you posted pictures? Don’t you want our opinion on the actual photos?

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
I know and i hear ya.
I'll post pictures if i can make the deal .
That would be great. If you don’t title them, it won’t show up on the Internet. It will show up on this site.

sdcbowler

Reaction score
Sorry to say, this sounds a bit sketchy to me........lol. Does it sound legit to anyone else. Let's see........He's contemplating buying it from a lady, who sent pics to his friend, she doesn't want the pics on the net.....why not? it would help sell the car. Second, He is currently restoring two cars, and thinking about a third for sometime in the future. Messed with cars his whole life, yet not able to search the internet to determine the potential market value of the vehicle. In my opinion, I believe he is the current owner of the vehicle and is thinking about selling it, but wants to know the value, so he comes to all of you experts here at FEBO to see what you all think the car is worth......lollolol......If I am wrong......except my apology.....😁

johnstoybox

Reaction score
Guys I'm working on it . The only pictures I got so far kinda show the neighborhood where she lives and part of her garage and she's really afraid of people trying to steal stuff out of her garage . Plus she just lost her husband so we are trying to treat her with a little respect . So I promised i wouldn't post pictures of it till the deal was made .
I,m VERY ANXIOUS myself to get this done and get it home .
Sorry to cause a stir but i am only doing what ive been told . I should know more by the end of this week .

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Guys I'm working on it . The only pictures I got so far kinda show the neighborhood where she lives and part of her garage and she's really afraid of people trying to steal stuff out of her garage . Plus she just lost her husband so we are trying to treat her with a little respect . So I promised i wouldn't post pictures of it till the deal was made .
I,m VERY ANXIOUS myself to get this done and get it home .
Sorry to cause a stir but i am only doing what ive been told . I should know more by the end of this week .
Good luck getting the deal done. You are going about it the right way.

Back