• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Side Marker Light - Bulbs and Ground

doubleyellow

Reaction score
More electrical questions......

Not obvious from the service manual which bulb number is used for the front and rear side markers. Please advise.....

Also, I assume since 1 wire is used in the back side lights, have to ground the side housings?

Thanks

doubleyellow

Reaction score
The Classic Industries chart has blank spots for the Side Marker Bulbs.....would the bulb be the same as 1971 I would imagine?

moparlee

Reaction score
70 and 71 side marker bulbs are the same, 1895. The rear ones need to be grounded. You may need to scrape some paint off on the inside trunk area to get a good ground or if you don't want to scrape your paint, you can run a short ground wire from one of the acorn nuts to a tail light stud.

To make sure your tail light housings have a good ground, you are going to have to scrape some of that pretty yellow paint at a couple of the mounting stud/nut areas.

Last edited:

71RT383

Reaction score
Doubleyellow, copy & pasted bulb info from service manual, unable to edit out the rest.
Had a better chart can't find it at the moment. Not able to check my car at this time, though my old rear harness has a GE #1895 still in it.
Cornering lights listed #1445, may be a newer referenced # bulb now.
The rear bulb socket grounds to the housing in turn is secured/grounded also by the retainer cover(bracket).
Advance Auto carries both of these. I just called and conformed it.
Part#1445LLBP2 and #1895BP2
Hope this helps a bit.
image.png

upload_2019-3-24_16-0-18.jpeg

upload_2019-3-24_15-48-4.jpeg

moparleo

Reaction score
Always a good/great idea to add an additional ground wire to any item needing grounding. :thumbsup: Number one problem with auto motive electrical systems are poor grounds. Especially after 40 + years .

Back