• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Signal light switch question

Coupe

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to the forum. For the past ten years I've been rebuilding a 72 Barracuda. Nothing special, just a 318. I did hot rod it a little, using advice I read in an old issue of Hot Rod magazine. It's not really about power for me, but I do want a good exhaust sound and sporty looks.
I've had it on the road for a year, and just recently the power steering gear gave, up so I replace it.
While I had the steering shaft disconnect, I decided to rebuild it too. Replacing the steering wheel, I see an apparent pair of electrical ground terminals. I don't remember disconnecting anything from them and I don't have any left over wires.
I know the same column is used in many different optioned cars, but does anyone know what would have connected to them?

image.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I'm guessing those would be for the horn.

Coupe

Reaction score
That was my original thought, but the only horn wire I have is a ground from the corrugated crush column that fits over this, to the horn button. I have loosely assembled everything and it all seems to work fine.
I never noticed these terminals during the dismantling.

moparlee

Reaction score
Would they had been for the rim blow horn steering wheel option? Just guessing.

Coupe

Reaction score
I gave up. Didn't find any info on line. I just put it back together. Everything's working fine. i guess it for an optional extra I don't have.

Back