• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

six pack electric choke

all original

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just wanted to show you all what I've been up to the last couple of days. Im working on my 440 stroker six pack engine and I wanted something to help the choke come off because of the blocked crossover. This is what I ended up with, see what you think.
. IMG_4664.jpgIMG_4663.jpgIMG_4665.jpgIMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4663.jpg

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Looks good. People will be looking for it in their parts books and scratching their heads.

krazykuda

Reaction score
not bad...

Why not just go with the standard electric choke? I have a slant 6 with a Holley 2300 and electric choke. I would think that the same electric choke would work on a six pack, but haven't tried it yet....

Sixpaksteve

Reaction score
As an FYI to anyone needing the unmodified version of the heat activated six pack choke assembly, according to the April issue of MOPAR Collector's Guide those are now being reproduced by Ben Snobar and are available for sale at Northwest Performance.

72RoadRunnerGTX

Reaction score
Interesting, did something similar several years back. How are you controlling the additional 2 amps of current that factory style heating element adds to the ignition run circuit? Are you running a functional controller of some kind?
DSC01879r.jpg

Details

all original

Reaction score
Yes I have a factory choke controller p/n 4049777. How close were you able to get the heating element to the coil?

72RoadRunnerGTX

Reaction score
Don’t have any pictures of the underside, it’s a little different from your approach in that the piece grafted from the later choke spring assembly includes the spring mount stand-off. The heating element is between the stand-off and the spring, directly next to the spring.

all original

Reaction score
That sounds like that would work better than mine. Im going to give mine a try an may have to do some adjustments

Back