• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Six Pack Question - The Most Accurate Online Tech Info?

wedg2go

Reaction score
Where would one find the most accurate online tech info to tune (not rebuild) a stock six pack setup for a 440?

Particularly the idle mixture screw settings on the outboards...I know cam, altitude, etc. will change that, but I am still curious about factory setting as a starting point.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hot Rod Magazine had an article back in 08 on this.

Mopar Six-Pack Tuning - Triple Tune - Mopar Muscle Magazine

Dino2 (1).gif

wedg2go

Reaction score
Thanks for the tech info. I guess what started it all off, for me, was a thread on here re: another six pack owner. I just finished tuning my six pack and know now that I might have it a little too lean (Yet, at an idle, the exhaust rolls a little rich). So I did a quick online power search and found articles with different opinions. Even found a few Mopar tech forums with different articles cut and pasted with follow-up replies dis-crediting the articles. So I started to wonder where the factory settings were set!!! Currently, I can tell you jet size, accelerator pump cam color straight from the factory. Yet no idle screw settings?

All that research had me thinking the article I was following was wrong as well.

http://www.mopar1.us/carbs1.jpg

(Continue to change the number after "carbs" up to "8" to see the entire article)

Unfortunately, this article explains much, but it foregoes any info. re: stock settings (My ride is far removed ftrom factory production, but I have an inquiring mind - Especially when I read the idle screw settings on the outboards are any where from 1/8 turn to 1 1/2 full turns - inclusive, I think, the idle bleed test).

Sign me...
Just a little confused here!

Back