• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Starting an after school program for middle school students interested in cars...

Reaction score
Hey all
I am going to be starting an after school program for middle school students interested in cars. It will include all brands (with a MoPar slant I suppose) and I am looking for ideas on what to "teach".
Ideas I have are identifying cars, general car maintenace, car searching/buying, part searching/buying, cars in music/film, using car forums and when the weather gets better (it'll be crappy here soon) I will invite local car owners to drive to the school to "show-off" their cars.
Any other suggestions?? Funding is incredibly limited. The community I teach in has a car show that is scheduled near the end of the school year and I will be encouraging them to attend.
Thanks!
(I posted this in FABO and FBBO as well)

ramenth

Reaction score
I think you've pretty much covered the one I go over with with my customers day in a day out: maintenance. It's amazing how many grown men - women, too - I have to show where and how to read a dipstick.

Basics, basics, basics! The mechanic won't always be around in that absolute moment of need and being stranded on the side of the road, even in this day of cell phones is a scary thing for a lot of people.

BIGSHCLUNK

Reaction score
I agree with the above and get the girls involved if you can. You'd be surprised how well and eger they are to learn. granted its not for all of them (boys niether) but I've known a few that knew more than there S.O.'s

Brads70

Reaction score
Maybe get your local wrecker to donate a couple cars that they can disassemble, learn to do brake jobs etc.... nothing like hands on experiance! Even the simple stuff like what tool to use where etc... That is assuming you have the room to store them.

Back