• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Starting Restoration

74hemicuda

Reaction score
I am new to the forum and needing help. Just getting started on restoration and building of a 1974 Barracuda and stripping everything out of the car including glass in order to get it blasted before repair of the rust spots, etc. I was able to finally get the LH quarter window glass and regulator out, but I realized I may not remember how it came out and be able to put it back in by the time I get to that. I have not taken the other three glasses and regulators out yet. Does anyone know of any kind of instructions or diagram of how the regulators come out and reassemble? I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

340challconvert

Reaction score

74hemicuda

Reaction score
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
How about some pix of your Cuda!

I would get a copy of the factory service manual for your car; it will help with window assembly.
I go to a website entitled My Mopar. they have free downloadable service manuals.
They only had the 1972 manual available; window installs should be the same for a 74

https://www.mymopar.com/downloads/servicemanuals/1972_Plymouth_Chassis_Service_Manual.zip
OK, thanks! I didn't know anything about the service manuals being available. That should be a big help! I've never been involved on a forum, but I wondered if it wouldn't be a really good thing at times with what I am starting.
Sure, I can get some pics of the car and post them. Is that expected from a new member?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site , I always take too many pictures & bag & tag every prt that comes off the car for reference .

moparlee

Reaction score
Ditto what Chryco Psycho said. I always take pictures, bag and tag all parts. It may be a long time before you re-assemble those parts again.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Handy tips:

Print the service manual pages you need for your particular project so they're handy while you're doing it. If they get trashed, so what? You just print 'em again! I actually have original Chrysler service manuals, but to keep those in good shape I just print from the digital ones I've downloaded.

I have most of the My Mopar manuals saved to a physically-tiny 32GB keychain USB drive. If I'm working elsewhere and need to reference the manual, they're never further than my house keys. I literally always have body and service manuals with me.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! And good luck with the restoration.

Sean Ward

Reaction score
One thing I always do in addition to bagging and tagging is taking photos and videos of any complex disassembly like glass, etc. When I tag them, I also date them, so that I can go back to the dated pictures to see what I was working on when I took it apart. It’s helped more than once.

Note that if you hadn’t taken the other side out, the side you took out will be the same. Take pictures and video and lay it out on the floor after in the position it’s supposed to be in and take more pictures.

Good luck with your restoration.

chargerdon

Reaction score
Tag and Bag with pictures is good advice. My personal feeling on the glass is that the door and rear quarter glass is .... LEAVE THEM IN... When i did my 74 Challenger i covered that glass on both sides and left them in and they suffered no damage !! Installing glass is one of the most difficult tasks on that car.

Back