• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering / Suspension Components & Kits

challenger440

Reaction score
Getting ready to buy a new stock front end kit. Was going to go for the polygraphite PST front end rebuild kits.

Never bought one before so thought I'd check with folks here to see if anyone had last minute advise / horror stories / better suggestions or anything else that may help along the way. Not sure how good or bad the ball joints / rod ends are or if I'd be better off buying those independently from moog or something.

Thanks and happy motoring!

challenger440

Reaction score
Nothing? Well, PST couldnt tell me which brand of ball joints and tie rod ends they use at any given moment. Uh-oh. PSC kits apparently use Federal Mogul parts, who makes Moog. I think I will be getting a piece-meal Moog 'kit' from Rockauto.com for about the same price as the PST kit. All I'll be missing is the poly boots and who cares about that.

Having trouble finding a pitman arm though. Found some but seem to be super expensive. Finding one for '73+ is a snap. Anyone know why?

cudaman70

Reaction score
go with the mancini racing kit they use moog for everthing good kit no problems I also bought the install kit which helped greatly

73 kooda

Reaction score
Plan on a little stiffer ride from the poly kit...huge difference when going over bumps, you definitely feel it more... Body roll on cornering will be greatly improved...kinda give and take... Let us know what you go with and results as i gotta redo mine soon..

challenger440

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. I wound up ordering Moog parts from Rockauto.com. Had to piece it together but got a good deal I think. <$300 for everything I needed, less the pitman arm. Checked out Mancini (after the fact) and saved them to my favorites...will be using them in the future for sure. Lot's of great stuff on there and prices look really reasonable for what you get.

Will provide feedback on the parts from Rockauto and if everything shows up as advertised.

challenger440

Reaction score
Everything showed up as advertised. Now the fun begins! I love getting new stuff. Got a new latch from Don @ "Moparparts" here too that hooked up great. Moving along.

Rockauto.com looks like one to keep.

moogz.jpg

Last edited:

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
I went the Rockauto route and got Moog parts from them for my front end rebuild. Cost wise it was cheaper than the PST kit since I bought only what was needed. My rubber stoppers and tie rod sleeves did not need replacing so I saved a few pennys there.
I did get my pitman arm from PST the diameter of the hole on the Pitman arm changed for 72 and later model years just make sure you get the right one for your year. Of course the one I needed was the more exspensive one!

challenger440

Reaction score
Ya PST had pretty much the best price on the pitman arm from what I saw too. Too bad they wont tell you what brand they use for their components. Thanks for the tip on double checking diameter. '71 seems to be really expensive anywhere I go for some reason too. Wanted a fast ratio but they were $200!

ramenth

Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Moog. It's the only suspension parts I'll install on my customer's vehicles. For me, it's peace of mind. The customer may have to pay a little more upfront for 'em, but backed by a lifetime warranty I can pass on. I know in six months time the customer won't be coming back for the same issue.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
there was a change in the steering system in 73 , the earlier pitman arms are much harder to find

Back