• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Steering wheel puller

shadango

Reaction score
I bought a steering wheel and pulley puller set, but the longest bolts and the center part is still about an inch short due to the depth of the crush can.

The manual calls for chrysler tool # C3428B....and my bet is that is PRICEY.

What are you guys using to pull the steering wheel?

71Plym

Reaction score
I assume you mean you are trying to pull off the corragated can under the steering wheel. The steering wheel just unbolts from the can. I purchased longer bolts from a supply house so I could use the puller to get the can off. With the longer bolts it comes off easy.

shadango

Reaction score
Yes, I am talking about the can.....

I figured on the bolts.....but its the center part of the puller that is the shortcoming by about an inch or two......

SO CLOSE! LOL

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
either get a small enough puller to fit inside the can , someone like harbor freight probably have a cheap one that will fit . or I use a harmonic balancer puller it has a std thread size so I bought a long piece of threaded rod & welded a nut on the end

7071 challenger

Reaction score
I use a socket to fill the space between the shaft and the puller. Works for me.

Robert

shadango

Reaction score
WOW ...one of my old threads revived...LOL

I had figured it out a long time back.....

The key, I found, was to work thestuds from the crush can into the grooves/slots on the pullers main plate...that allowed the puller to drop down further and reach the shaft just fine.

Thanks for the replies though...hopefully it will help someone else!

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
WOW ...one of my old threads revived...LOL

I had figured it out a long time back.....

The key, I found, was to work thestuds from the crush can into the grooves/slots on the pullers main plate...that allowed the puller to drop down further and reach the shaft just fine.

Thanks for the replies though...hopefully it will help someone else!

It only took us 3 years to come up with some solutions to help you! LOL! That has got to be some sort of record! :homework:

Back