• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

T/A Heads?

btceng

Reaction score
Could these be 1970 T/A heads? The casting is 3418915 and they have the 2.02/1.60 valves. The date codes are 2850 and 2610. Would that make them 1971 or 1970? They do not have the 360 casting. They do not have the shafts and rockers.

2012-10-11_19-13-43_507.jpg

74 challenger

Reaction score
John ask Crycho he told me 1 time that a TA head the rods come up different, something like that. Or check out MYMOPAR.COM

C O D Y

Reaction score
I do not think those are T/A heads. I would guess with date of 285th day of 1970 they would be for a 1971. Remember, the 1971 model year started just after the summer of 1970.

btceng

Reaction score
I have never considered them t/a's but a guy that was interested in them raised the question. He looked at them yesterday and did not get them. Oh well. I'm not interested in selling them for core prices.

Thanks Dave, for the reference.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
no those are regular 340 heads even though they use the same casting # , the intake pushrod hole is in the normal place not the repositioned for the offset rockers

btceng

Reaction score
no those are regular 340 heads even though they use the same casting # , the intake pushrod hole is in the normal place not the repositioned for the offset rockers
Thanks. I forgot about the offset hole. What's the going rate for something like these? New comp springs, seals, and retainers. Not sure about guides.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Hard to say , just 202 J heads , pretty common maybe 500-800
there are a lot of heads that make more power .

draginmopars

Reaction score
what would a set of t/a heads be worth
with all >>rockers,shafts,hold downs,pushrods, lifters and cam

I mostly hang out at the "A" body site, since we are building 2 darts
came over here to ask questions, when we start on our 73 Cuda.

Thanks
Howard and Gayle

Last edited:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
T/A heads are rare & complete with the correct rockers are worth some good $$ in good condition

draginmopars

Reaction score
thanks for replying

I'll post a pic of them in a few days, gotta dig them out of storage
I had forgot about them, til we were looking for some 340 parts for the Dart we are building
They have been wrapped up for over 22 years

I was asked about trading them for some Edelbrock heads
thought that this site was the place to ask

moparleo

Reaction score
Have them checked out by a machine shop first. Unless you know the history back to day 1, there is still 21 years of unknown history. Could be warped, cracked, sunken valves and seats, guides etc... Ok for a show car that just wants oe parts, but the modern cylinder heads, like the Edelbrock are so much better stock, out of the box than any stock 40+year old head you will find. Unless the pushrods, lifters and rockers were marked when disassembled which cam lobe they were on when installed, they will be little more than just cores. If you can get someone to trade for a new set of Edelbrocks, go for it! Can't lose.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I do not see a big upside to the Eddys , I looked a few sets with horrible core shift & poor quality .
Look at RHS instead

Back