• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

thanks 71plym

74 challenger

Reaction score
thank you 71plym for telling me how to clean up my trim. dont know why someone would paint their trim black.still need to do drip rails but front and back turned out great. god bless have a happy new year

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I missed the answer on the best way to clean up trim. Mine is in good shape, but a little better is much better!

74 challenger

Reaction score
71plym told me to use 1000 grit wet sand paper and then go to 2000 then 3000. my trim was black when i bought it.i started with 80 grid to get the black paint off.really worked great.

71Plym

Reaction score
Yup, that was pretty much it. Bang out the dents. Remove scratches by wet sanding with increasing finer grit sandpaper. For deep scratches, may need to start with coarser sandpaper. Then polish with a buffing wheel. There are usually three compounds and wheels to use for stainless. When done, take a close look. I found that depending on how fussy you are, expect to repeat the process a couple of times to get a satisfactory finish. Tedious dirty work, but it is something you can do yourself.

Back