• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

This looks like the place 4 me !

Reaction score
Jus sayin hello.. 👋
I'll try to keep it short.
My luv 4 Challengers story is sOo long I don't even know where to begin..
When I was 9, 2 neighbors returned from Vietnam, 1 had a blue 68 Charger and the other a new 69 R/T Charger. But at 10 yrs old, I completely fell in love with a beautiful blue/blue 340 T/A Challenger that was 2 DOORS DOWN. To say I was completely infatuated would be an understatement. The owner was a kind young man just back from Nam and not only took me for short blasts, but once took me to the local Speed Shop.
Completely HOOKED ! !
I've only owned 2, a blue 318 2 barrel that I got for completing High School, and the 340 pistol grip R/T Challenger that I've owned ever since I landed at George AFB Victorville Ca. in 1980. It has gone through 3 engines, 340 originally, a 383 HP out of a 69 super bee, and the 400 built using much of the parts from my 383.
Unfortunately my Challenger took a back seat to life's responsibilities like child support and the such.. 😎
Well it's very nice to stumble across your blog/website and I believe I've found some of my kinda people. 😊
I know it was a looong hello but, HELLO ‼️ 👋 👍👍
😎

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Greetings from Nebraska! Thanks for the great story! That's how a lot of us got hooked on Mopars. Good to see that we are not alone! Have any pics of your cars you would like to share? Glad you are here with us! :)

benguin

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm also an early Mopar fan- vividly recalling seeing 3 Superbirds on a dealer lot when I was 9. Also a long term owner, having my 'cuda since May of '77! AZ is a great state for Mopars!

Bobby Sixkiller

Reaction score
Welcome from Oklahoma. Ive been a mopar fan my entire life as well. It’s a mopar life.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Greetings from Nebraska! Thanks for the great story! That's how a lot of us got hooked on Mopars. Good to see that we are not alone! Have any pics of your cars you would like to share? Glad you are here with us! :)
I'm gearing up a restoration and will get all my early pics together and report my progress with pictures as well.
Thank you VERY much for your thoughtful welcome.. 😊

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm also an early Mopar fan- vividly recalling seeing 3 Superbirds on a dealer lot when I was 9. Also a long term owner, having my 'cuda since May of '77! AZ is a great state for Mopars!
Thank you for taking the time to make me feel welcome and comfortable with my feelings towards Challengers. I was forced to retire early and I'm getn grief from childhood friends to GET BUSY with her, or cash her in.
I just can't EVER do that, so I hit the web and found that I am not alone in my unrealistic obsession with my car.
Thanks for your warm welcome.. 😊

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! So you do realize that if you have an original ‘70 340 car that it wasn’t an R/T, right? Tell us more about it please. The fact that the 340 wasn‘t available in an R/T doesn’t make them any less kool btw..

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Glad you joined up and I can tell that you definitely have the Mopar Fever.

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! So you do realize that if you have an original ‘70 340 car that it wasn’t an R/T, right? Tell us more about it please. The fact that the 340 wasn‘t available in an R/T doesn’t make them any less kool btw..
Thanks for the welcome and info, I didn't think they made R/T in 340, but I will figure her out completely as I go foward.

Reaction score
Thanks, HELLO NEBRASKA! My girl is under a cover now, but she looks quite a lot like your girl, she's, in all black semigloss, but mine has aluminum slot mags..:)

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Yea it does look a lot like mine! I got a coat of hot rod black primer for now! So you did some time at George AFB? I was there a few times, my brother was stationed there from 1985-88.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! Cool story, and good to know you still have the Challenger! Glad you’re here.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado! Let's see some pics of your awesome ride!

Got any old school pics of your past cars?

Most of us that post regularly have the same affliction that you have.

Reaction score
Howdy from Colorado! Let's see some pics of your awesome ride!

Got any old school pics of your past cars?

Most of us that post regularly have the same affliction that you have.
Thanks,
Mine is a little more complicated..
My friends cannot believe that I still have her, and they've been riding me a bit lately since I haven't really gotten around to getting her back in shape... You know, reminding me of the crazy driving situations that we had, AND you're not getn any younger speeches..
To be honest, I AM getn old and need to get back into her again.. pull the cover off, get busy living again, or cash her in..
And I really can't imagine that.. 😢

Back