• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trunk aligment

Cudachuck

Reaction score
With only 1 torsion bar in the trunk. What keeps the driver side level with the passenger side?

70chall440

Reaction score
Spring/s are there just to open the trunk lid, on my 73 I replaced them with gas shocks (one per side).

IMG_2925.jpg

moparroy

Reaction score
My '74 has only a single torsion bar for the deck lid - from a bunch of reading this seems to have been inconsistent. Had a heck of a time to get the repro trunk lid to sit right - then the painter tried it again with the weather stripping in place and started over. Did not help that I am pretty sure my Goodmark trunk lid was warped. Straightening it put some ripples in the top :( unfortunately too late to return it by the time I noticed. In the end its pretty close - passenger side is maybe a quarter inch high before it closes. The bumpers make it even when closed

Richard Rach

Reaction score
Spring/s are there just to open the trunk lid, on my 73 I replaced them with gas shocks (one per side).

View attachment 82429
Can you tell me what length shocks or part # you used in place of your trunk torque rods, have adjusted my rods as far as i can on 73 challenger & trunk lid still will not stay up. Any help would be great, Thanks Richard

70chall440

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't know the PN of them as I got them at a swap meet, I bought a handful and used the ones that fit. I can probably measure them though.

Back