• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Trunk Lid and Hinges Question - 70-74 Cuda

73CudaDude

Reaction score
With the trunk lid off, should both hinges have tension on them? Meaning, one has tension on it from the torsion rod, and the other is loose with no tension. If someone wouldn't mind posting a picture of the left and right hinge setup, I would appreciate it. My son, who is a bit of an ape, installed the new deck lid which now sits crooked when not latched. I cant tell if the hinge is broken, or just un-sprung.

73CudaDude

Reaction score
That's what I have been reading too, but I am still perplexed. The old deck lid sat level while down but not closed, the new sits with the right side noticeably higher than the left side. When we put the old one back on, it now sits the same as the new one. Only thing that could have changed was the driver side hinge which seems really loose to me. Working the hell out of Google.... Thanks for your reply

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Sound like one side is undone. Follow the trunk lid torsion bars to the ends. Are they in the slots on both sides of the car?

Back