• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

USS Indianapolis found

seneca

Reaction score
Just caught this on the news. An expedition of underwater exploration has located the USS Indianapolis in 18,000 feet of water. This is the ship that delivered the A bomb to Tinian Island and was on it's way to the Philippines when it was sunk by a Jap sub. Because of it's top secret mission no one reported it missing. It's an interesting and tragic story if you've never read it.

budascuda

Reaction score
There should be 1200 high schools named after each of the men.
Also, a commemorative plaque to tell and remind all students about the bravery of the crew and their sense of duty and honor; so that these values shall never be forgotten by the future generations.
Amen.

seneca

Reaction score
There should be 1200 high schools named after each of the men.
Also, a commemorative plaque to tell and remind all students about the bravery of the crew and their sense of duty and honor; so that these values shall never be forgotten by the future generations.
Amen.

It is up to those of us who have lived this history to tell the stories to the younger generations. They want to learn. I have spoken to five American history classes at our local High School in the past two years about my experiences in the Viet Nam war. The students were all attentive and asked very intelligent questions about the war afterwards. Unfortunately, the WW II men are dying off and few are left to tell their story. It is a project that the rest of us should encourage the schools to pursue and get these veterans into the classes while they are still with us.

budascuda

Reaction score
i am truly glad that you made it back, it was a bad scene.
Educating others is the most meaningful way to build the future, I agree.
May the lord's might be with you all.

Back