• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

vinal top?

Buddhascuda

Reaction score
i've got a 73 challenger 340 rally that was corporate blue with a white top and white interior .the question is should i get rid of the white top altogether or keep it the car is all numbers matching

burntorange70

Reaction score
Thats all up to you and what you like and want your car to be. I my self tink they look way better with out the vinal top. But thats just me. You can put the top on at any time. Not like if you don't do it now it cant be done later.

74 challenger

Reaction score
the only thing that worries me is the vinyl holding moisture and the roof starting to rot.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
In south Florida the tops shrink due to the suns heat. Then water gets in. When the top cools the water is a liquid. When it gets hot again, the water becomes steam and loosens the top glue, letting more water in. This cycle continues until the water rusts it's way out. If you are in a northern climate this is not the case. The tops last a lot longer. I would do a Google image search. Search 73 Challenger. On the left side bar you can pick a color search. This narrows down your search parameters. Pick your color and see which way you like the car the best. I'm sure the car is on some web site in blue with and without the white top.

Back