• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

water leak on my 360

Racecar32

Reaction score
I am pulling my 360 out of my Challenger . Ive pulled the trans. and when I did the motor drop down a bit . When that happened water began running down at the back of the motor on the left side. I have already drained the radiator .Theres no water on top of the manifold , so I dont know where the water is coming from.Any ideas ? Has me stump .

Thanks

Locomotion

Reaction score
Could be a blown head gasket at the back of the head. Draining the radiator doesn't drain all the water out of the block. Can you button up the block, refill the cooling system and borrow/rent a "pressure tester" to look for the possible leak? Were you losing water before taking things apart? (Could have been "standing" water.)

motorad-engine-parts-mt-300-64_100.jpg

70chall440

Reaction score
I assume you removed the exhaust? Did you have studs or bolts? Some of the studs/bolts (both front and rear) go into the water jackets so if that was removed and the motor leaned back/down water would come out the rear hole. If this is not the case then you just have to look and see where it came from.

Back