• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What are their names?

burntorange70

Reaction score
I don't name my cars. Never was in to that. Just "The Dart" or "The Duster". I also have "The Truck" LOL

My wife calls the Dart "Gracy" after a movie. Forget the name of it. Some thing about an FBI agent that goes under cover in a beauty pageant under the name Grace lou freebush.

Any way I put up with it, some how.

I started calling my Duster the DustDemon. It is a 75 Duster I am converting to a 71 Demon. Have kind of gotten away from that though as know one knows what that is. LOL I don't fell right about calling it a Demon either so it has gone back to being The Duster.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
My `68 Road Runner, "JUNKYARD DOG" got its name shortly after I started stripping it for restoration and found this kool paint scheme from the mid `70's. How could it not stick!!!

IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I am thinking of incorporating the "DOG" into the restoration somehow, maybe "ghost" it into the paint somewhere or have it etched into the glass. I saved both doors, one hangs on the wall in the shop. It was fun to research all of the graphics that were on the car under the top layer of paint. Turns out I talked to a couple of people that knew the car from a north Florida drag strip called Gator Raceway in Jacksonville from the mid to late `70's! I even have the name of the guy that owned it but I have not been able to track him down as of yet. Here are a couple of before shots and some of what I uncovered.

IMG_1823_1.jpg

IMG_1825_2.jpg

IMG_2097_1.jpg

IMG_2105_3.jpg

gliderider-06

Reaction score
I call my 70 Barracuda "The Mistress". My wife always says, are you going back out to the garage and mess with your girlfriend. So I started calling it the Mistress.

msbaugh

Reaction score
Gliderider I get that same thing... "oh so you're hanging out with your girlfriend today. You like her the most don't you." I reply with a chuckle... Of course not baby

73 kooda

Reaction score
I havent named mine yet...only cause i'm waiting to see what kind of personality shes gonna have...you guys know what I'm talking About..my last project was a 65 impala SS named Stella cause she was getting her groove back....then i sold her....lol...i'll never sell this one... My kids will get it when im dead....Detmatt... If you contact the guy who used to own the car, be prepared to not sell it back , and i already got told from my wife ..." omg thats all you talk about" they just dont get it... My next wife is definitely gonna like cars....

ramenth

Reaction score
The M-body has been named "Bad Penny." Check out the link in my sig to the story on that one.

The '89 Ramcharger is called "the Bus," as in "as big as a..." I started calling my old '79 that. When I replaced the '79 with the '89, the name just carried over.

A buddy of mine in high school started calling my Sport Satellite the Millennium Falcon and the name stuck. The Sport isn't a pretty car. When we got her she was in faded red oxide primer, the fenders had some holes in 'em, the Magnums were faded out and showing some spot rust here and there. But she ran. Good enough that I was the terror of Schuyler County with her. Camaros, Mustangs, 'Vettes, even some of the Porch BMW guys coming into WGI knew of her and would take side streets whenever they saw me coming. So, seeing as how the Millennium Falcon was the "fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy" my buddy named my car after it as being the "fastest hunk of junk in the county."

Somewhere on the car, when I get the resto completed, I'll put the name on.

I've never driven the E-body, as it was given to me as a rolling shell. I'll probably wait until I drive it and see what kind of personality it has before naming it.

The other cars, like my wife's, is just "the" Hyundai, my F250 is "the" F250, etc.

74CudaDave

Reaction score
I've been thinking `All American Nightmare' for mine. Nightmare for me sometimes when things aren't right, nightmare for all the little tuners in town when things ARE right :)

a68postcar

Reaction score
no big stories or anything like that. dusters rust, so there you have it. I had a '72 once that my wife called "nightmare", and in her defence, I kinda have to agree! Robert I love the falcon story, just classic!!!!

a68postcar

Reaction score
yeah Robert, man i'm originally from NW PA. so i can feel your pain!!

GranCuda70

Reaction score
I named mine Tabitha after the little girl on bewitched. I don,t know why!! I thought it was cool was the name of my M-16 in the service so I transferred it to my barracuda Gran Coupe.

ram250098

Reaction score
All my C body buddies named the cars, but I was never into that. A friend has a 71 Charger, all black, blacked out taillights and markers, a matte black Carger 500 stripe kit and a 440 stroker popping out of the hood, a extremely hot looking car. He calls it the BLACK *****. So when I got my Pather Pink Cuda I told him I am going to come down and show ya the PINK *****.....name didn't stick....LOL
AL

Back