• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What car cover

Joemoy29

Reaction score
picking the car up from paint. What does everyone use for indoor storage. Does fresh paint make a diff. It’s indoor but a lot of dust

hofilbert

Reaction score
The big question is: Do you have a wife? Do you have kids? Is your car going to be 100% secure from them walking by or kids toys/bikes? Those answers will best determine your choice.
I have a wife that walks by plus also gardens so she like to use the garage for stuff. I want protection from her, so I chose the 100% flannel car cover from California Car Cover. They've been around for years. The flannel is thick, soft and cushy so it protects against most light bumps from kids or the wife. Flannel also is not supposed to scratch - I had a black car that I was very picky about not letting get scratched, so I had a flannel then too. It seems like my flannel cover was around $300 shipped.
I'm sure there are other newer kinds and maybe cheaper, but I love my flannel CAcarcover.

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Agree with Hofibert on protection. Just dust, I cover mine with those $10 plastic covers. I think they work great

moparleo

Reaction score
Check with your painter before you put anything on top of the new paint. Some paints have a cure time from a few days to a few months. I also put moving blankets over the top of the cover to protect against dings, etc... from putting things on top of the car.

hofilbert

Reaction score
Very good point LEO. My painter told me not to do anything to my car for 6 months, even telling me to leave it outside if I could, then he cut-n-buffed it. Then, I could put on a cover.

seneca

Reaction score
I use a California Car Cover also. It's the Stormweave model and has a flannel lining. Will absorb minor bumps without damage to the paint. Cost $200 in 2014.

Back