• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What do you guys think about this car??

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Anybody know this car? It's a 340 cuda non matching but has a 340 auto....thoughts on price? I'm considering it on trade....thinking about making a nice driver out of it...thanks!!

IMG_8393.JPG

IMG_8394.JPG

IMG_8395.JPG

IMG_8396.JPG

IMG_8397.JPG

IMG_8398.JPG

quapman

Reaction score
I don't know the car, but it looks like a winner. You can't go wrong with a 340 cuda, especially a 70.

I put value anywhere between $8-15K

340challconvert

Reaction score
Looks like a decent driver. Tough to find 70's for a decent price. I think quapman's price range is about right.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Old school drag racer I would tidy it up and drive it as is 15 - 20k provided there is no hidden issues and all tags and body id's match up.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Thanks for the input....i haven't seen the car in person yet...I know it will need quarters (at least lower), floors and trunk, brakes, tires and exhaust. I know it's the stuff you don't see that kills these cars....it's not a matching # car but has a 340 with x heads out of a 71....it's also a go mango 3.91 car originally....I'm not sure about the fender tag but has a partial build sheet...I really wanted a cuda when I bought my challenger...decisions decisions....

4mayhemi

Reaction score
This car has been for sale a long time, and been discussed on various sites as well. I don't know what "driver" means to you, but IIRC it has some issues scaring off potential buyers.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
Any ideas what was said about it before I waste my time on it?? I tried to look on several sites to see who was said about it but came up empty...

4mayhemi

Reaction score
Can't find any threads, too many references linked to expired Craigslist ads. But if I'm pegging this as the car, I remember it being in photos with other cars at someone's house in midwest. These are at a shop in OH so I don't know if this guy bought it to flip or if I remember a different car, but it has been listed a while.

Nothing's a waste of time if you're looking at buying and price is in ballpark, depending on your appetite for sheetmetal/rail replacement to make a "nice driver."

CL ad: $17,500

1970 'Cuda 340 727 trans 8 3/4 rear 3:91 gear Real 'Cuda BS23H0B
Has broad cast sheet what's left of it.
Built in MI 10-1969
It was last raced at Thompson Drag park in 1982 / 1983 - and may have raced at other tracks in the ohio area.
Car has been sitting since then and only has 62K miles !
**** WILL NEED BRAKE LINES ; BRAKES....... RUNS FINE JUST DON'T STOP !!!!!!
The Orange is factory paint - the black / silver was added later with the Name
not numbers match car 1971 340 has X heads aluminum intake Holley 650 carb
blackjack headers
New Radiator - plugs - plug wires - water pump - all hoses - Car still needs work ......
Has rust in trunk pan, floors rear quarters stuff like that after all it's a 1970 !
Console car with slap stick shifter.
stock interior - no carpet
NEVER HAD A CAGE OR CUT UP !
TITLE IN MY NAME.......

00T0T_42ev5p9fROT_600x450.jpg

00O0O_3m8LPuj124w_600x450.jpg

KATSAAR

Reaction score
the fender tag is there.
there is a tiny piece of the b sheet.
it is an EK2 car.
it needs quarters, trunk,front pans.
and some other small amounts of metal work.

its a great project.

moper

Reaction score
Honestly giveit's not numbers matching, and needs what you've listed, plus the torsion bar cross, and maybe rails, and maybe inner fenders... etc.. Err on the side of $8K. It's not that nice and needs a LOT.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That's why you leave it as is and use it for a driver, screw the high dollar resto for a change.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
thanks for the input...I passed on it and decided to finish the challenger first....

Back