• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

where does this go?

booyaballer

Reaction score
My car was at the shop which didn't workout (long story):drama:. the transmission was removed by the shop and now i've had to reinstall it myself. It's been an adventure for sure and luckily not TOO many extra parts leftover!

while reinstalling the starter, this clip fell. i don't think it came from the starter, can it be from the steering column?

i'm missing the transmission dipstick, can the screw be for that?

thanks for the help!

IMG_7658.jpg

IMG_7659.jpg

Coupe

Reaction score
Pictures need a size reference, but the clip looks like it could possibly be the retaining clip for a torsion bar. The trans dipstick on my 72, 318 has a brace bolted to the engine.

68bee

Reaction score
The clip looks like its from the steering column. Holds the bearing in at the bottom

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I agree the clip is in the bottom of the steering column but there is no brg in there just a bushing ,
the dipstick just slides into the trans with an O ring on the tube , once in place one of the belhousing bolts goes through the tab on the tube securing it in place , the bolt could be from the exhaust flange .

JIMMY DIXON

Reaction score
My car was at the shop which didn't workout (long story):drama:. the transmission was removed by the shop and now i've had to reinstall it myself. It's been an adventure for sure and luckily not TOO many extra parts leftover!

while reinstalling the starter, this clip fell. i don't think it came from the starter, can it be from the steering column?

i'm missing the transmission dipstick, can the screw be for that?

thanks for the help!

View attachment 70934

View attachment 70935
I would say it's the clip at the base of the column.

Back