• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Why so low?

Pyro273

Reaction score

340challconvert

Reaction score
In looking at the pictures, it is certainly a clean example of a TA Challenger.
One thing I noticed was that the interior bucket seats were not the correct seats and appeared to be 72-74 Challenger seats.
Nothing that could not be corrected, but sometimes the top prices go to totally original/restored cars.
Maybe the owner took some liberties with the restoration? It would affect price.
Another clean yellow TA sold at Barrett Jackson in Las Vegas in 2015 for 40,700.
Barry Washington (Alaskan TA) would certainly be able to give a better price assessment on TA Challengers.

Dino2 (1).gif

Last edited:

dongei

Reaction score
It's a great looking car but not a high end restoration. I noticed it had that replacement instrument bezel that isn't that great. ( too shiny and no wood texture) I got one and had to have a transfer installed so it would look correct. Also noted that there were no under hood engine bay decals. Not trying to be an expert but I had to address all of this when I did my car. That is why a good restoration costs so much, it's the details.

340challconvert

Reaction score
The rallye dash is also missing the adjustment knob for the odometer. The more I look, the sloppier this car is. It was restored in November. Looks like a quick resto/make a buck move to me.
Dino2 (1).gif

dongei

Reaction score
Now that you have me looking at it, the vinyl top seam is in a weird place, way down on the sail panel.

Back