• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wilson Manifold

Ctriton20

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I thinking about having Wilson Manifold port my Trick Flow intake and add nitrous bungs. Have any of you guys had one done? What kind of horsepower gains did you see?

Thanks

Steve340

Reaction score
I have had manifolds ported professional and I have also done them myself. I have never had one done by Wilson but I saw a video of a manifold done by them and there was a performance gain. I cannot remember how much but they seem to know their stuff.
Porting of a manifold would always gain some power but how much depends on the rest of the engine and how it is used.
My rules of thumb are:
For a near stock engine driven conservatively keep your money in your pocket. You may lose port velocity down low and the engine never spends enough time at high RPM to see a real gain.
The other end of the spectrum a race engine - you may see around 15 HP at high RPM. I have heard of more gains than that but I have never personally done a back to back dyno run - not enough money to play that hard.
There is no hard and fast as to what you may gain in my opinion. Wilson who are supposed to be very good do the manifold you would almost certainly see a gain if you are going to say street/strip the car.

fasjac

Reaction score
Hey Guys! I thinking about having Wilson Manifold port my Trick Flow intake and add nitrous bungs. Have any of you guys had one done? What kind of horsepower gains did you see?

Thanks
Hi there,
I spoke with JJ at Wilson’s just out of curiosity. Was thinking about doing the deep porting on my six pack manifold. It was about 1200 to send the manifold and Trickflow 240 heads.
A lot to much for what I’m doing but, hear nothing but good stuff about their work.
Not sure of the gain in HP though.

Steve340

Reaction score
Manifold porting definitely works. Provided you have heads, carb, cam etc. to match my belief is the manifold porting is part of the package that allows the engine to run up to the RPM limit and not run out of steam.
Pulling hard and making HP right to the limit is something I try for.

You can do a decent job of port matching and working on the plenum area at home with a hand die grinder.
I have one with an extended long slim shaft that allows you to get a fair way up the manifold runners.
Try to straighten the port entry and not make a "bell mouth" shape.
There is plenty of info out there about what not to do.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have always done my own. Only picture I have is of my tunnel ram on my Hemi.

IMAG1492 (002).jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

Back