• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

wiper gaskets

michael bucklew

Reaction score
wanting to replace the wiper gaskets on the pivot posts. I can do the one in the center, BUT the left side is going to be difficult at best. any suggestions would be helpful.....
NEXT...new T shifter opening is 3/64" to small will not slide over the shifter--have to return. is there another source that has a better fitting T handle??
have new Challenger stick on emblems.. is there measurements available to ensure correct location??
Michael. "71 Challenger

aarcuda33

Reaction score
wanting to replace the wiper gaskets on the pivot posts. I can do the one in the center, BUT the left side is going to be difficult at best. any suggestions would be helpful.....
NEXT...new T shifter opening is 3/64" to small will not slide over the shifter--have to return. is there another source that has a better fitting T handle??
have new Challenger stick on emblems.. is there measurements available to ensure correct location??
Michael. "71 Challenger
1971 T shifter handles are different from 72 thru 74 handles . Does the T shifter handle have a bulge at the bottom ? Or is it straight ? Straight would be a 71 T handle

Xcudame

Reaction score
aarcuda33 is correct. The reason they went wider in 72 was the 71s are prone to cracking. If you're not concerned with it being original, you can widen the slider opening to fit the later model handle. Otherwise you're looking for the 71 only handle.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Presto!
71 Challenger Fender Emblem Location - Moparts Forums

2.5 inches down from body line to center of script.

Last edited:

michael bucklew

Reaction score
aarcuda33 is correct. The reason they went wider in 72 was the 71s are prone to cracking. If you're not concerned with it being original, you can widen the slider opening to fit the later model handle. Otherwise you're looking for the 71 only handle.
correct. my "71 had to replace handle. the last one had the bulge, jus widened the slider. BUT the opening was to small by 3/64". would not fit.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Wiper gaskets on the pivot posts. Remove cowl screen unbolt pivot and lower. should be enough room to place on top. reinstall.

michael bucklew

Reaction score
have G. series. right side drawing, what is reference line 15. and 10----12.5 from what-----1.80 also. OK. how far down from fender crease and how far from door???

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Does this help?
1702830134563.jpeg

1702830153453.jpeg

I didn't think so. Not graduated. I see if I can do better. From the front and 0 body line on the bottom.In FT in?

Last edited:
Back