• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wipers do not park

Litchkar

Reaction score
Hello,
Putting my 71 Cahllenger back together, and the 2-speed wipers do not park. If I turn the switch off while the engine is on, they stop. Is my wiper motor bad or the wiper switch?

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
2 speed wiper - Challenger.jpg

Litchkar

Reaction score
Thank you, this is an impressive post. Thanks for the speedy response. Any ideas where to get a good replacement?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
The factory service manual is a must have tool in your toolbox, just about every page has pertinent info directly related to the workings of your car.
I have 3 or 4 of these laying around but I've not tested any of them. Have you tried Rock Auto?

Racer57

Reaction score
If your switch is not grounded good they will not park. The screws that hold the entire switch cluster in place is what grounds it. Check them first.

Litchkar

Reaction score
Rock Auto does not sell wiper motors for it, I will check the grounding on the switch. I do own and use a factory service manual, but I am away from my house right now. Thanks for the suggestions.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I had the same problem. It was the ground on the switch. I used a seperate wire directly from the switch to the metal on the dash. Works great now.
Take the switch out and tie a wire from the back to a ground and test it before you buy another motor.

Moparparts

Reaction score
It could be a 2-speed motor from a different model that don't reverse to park and will not then function correctly on an E-Body. Common overlooked occurance and not easy to determine if you have the correct one or not unless you know exactly what your looking for. Is there a number on it?

Litchkar

Reaction score
I tried grounding the switch, but same issue, ordered a rebuilt one today, keeping my fingers crossed.

Litchkar

Reaction score
I installed a rebuilt unit that I purchased off E-bay, problem solved. Thanks to everyone who offered help.

Back