• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Wipers not parking

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
Hey all, my wipers work, but won't park when I shut them off. They seem to be getting hung up on the windshield trim at the cowl. There's a 1/4" gap between the trim and the glass, should it be that much?
xFPE1RgpSualJOQj1VKNsw.jpg
yA1B0kGWQBqzMXY41nbt0w.jpg

EW1BH27

Reaction score
1/4 inch gap - no way. In a perfect world it should be flush.

moparlee

Reaction score
How's the fit of the trim moulding around the rest of the windshield? Maybe the glass is setting too low.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
This will usually kill the park feature on the motor as it will continue to try to park unless you lift them over , you may need to rebuild the wiper motor

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
How's the fit of the trim moulding around the rest of the windshield? Maybe the glass is setting too low.
Well, it’s not great. Previous owner kinda did a hack job, and looking more closely, I think you’re right. Looks like the glass is sitting deeper than it should. I plan to get new glass when I paint it, so hopefully I do a better job.

B952C32F-F537-40C5-A802-BB7C2C8FD108.jpeg
CEB2C450-E145-445C-BD42-E438D449CB7B.jpeg

Righty Tighty

Reaction score
I know it might be hard to tell from the pictures, but does it look like there's something missing between the glass and car that would make it sit too deep? I'm looking online for kits, and don't see a windshield gasket -- just tape. I'm wondering how I need to fix this. Anyone have any ideas?

Back