• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Race Season

Fishgutz

Reaction score
I can’t be the only one to be thrilled that Hot Rods and Drivers are back on the track burnin’ it up and tearin’ it up!!!!! Winter Nats last weekend and Daytona on Sunday!!! Racing is Back!!!
Happy Hot Rodding
Fishgutz
38D92FF7-CBDB-4C15-98E1-6B4BA05A37AD.jpeg
B8E13E90-F888-48A6-89C8-189FC7D581C3.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score

budascuda

Reaction score
They have to have a presence in Nascar, its part of doing business. Unless they are happy with the sales numbers, but still.....

Fishgutz

Reaction score
I’d love to see the new Challengers bangin’ fenders with the ‘Stangs and ‘Meros on the NASCAR circuit. Unfortunately it’s all about the big $$.

budascuda

Reaction score
I’d love to see the new Challengers bangin’ fenders with the ‘Stangs and ‘Meros on the NASCAR circuit. Unfortunately it’s all about the big $$.

You mean the big money doesn't like to back Dodge?

Fishgutz

Reaction score
Yea, we all need to do is convince the big corporate minds that spending millions to race NASCAR will sell bazillions of cars!!

budascuda

Reaction score
Well nothing wrong with finishing off strong, but if you make the other car companies look bad consistently, as they usually do, yeah can't have that. I am amazed tho at all the things that has been said and done by "the others" against Chrysler and they are still doing better.

budascuda

Reaction score
Yea, we all need to do is convince the big corporate minds that spending millions to race NASCAR will sell bazillions of cars!!

Yes yes exactly, make gazillions of electric cars and through NASCAR racing, make electric cars sexy and main stream. How else you gonna get people off the gas guzzlers!
I like this idea......

budascuda

Reaction score
I have to admit, I sometimes think I am too naiive, but aren't electric vehicles the way of the future? Am I part of a small group who thinks that?

DrEamer

Reaction score

That use to be the idea, but I'm not sure how race results translate into sales anymore. NASCAR viewership has been going down for years, and I can't say NHRA is doing any better. The big three are facing a generation that does not even want to drive much, not talk about watch racing. Honestly, I have not watched either NASCAR or NHRA in years myself. So, maybe I am part of the problem. :lol:

budascuda

Reaction score
That use to be the idea, but I'm not sure how race results translate into sales anymore. NASCAR viewership has been going down for years, and I can't say NHRA is doing any better. The big three are facing a generation that does not even want to drive much, not talk about watch racing. Honestly, I have not watched either NASCAR or NHRA in years myself. So, maybe I am part of the problem. :lol:

Not saying winning a race will definitely sells more cars but by being there, the car company will benefit from brand recognition. I always thought that was the reason for participation in race events.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Not saying winning a race will definitely sells more cars but by being there, the car company will benefit from brand recognition. I always thought that was the reason for participation in race events.
I'm sure it does not hurt anything to show up and be seen, I'm just thinking the benefit is not what it use to be. Ford dropped out of NHRA pro stock right after Bob Glidden retired, and completely out when John Force stopped using Mustang bodies. Now Mopar is out of NASCAR, so for whatever reason neither has entries in at least one of the major sanctioning bodies. There had to be some cost/benefit analysis that caused them to do so.

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Nascar changed the rules during mopars last year racing, just like the earlier years. Once mopar settles in and starts dominating, other teams cry and they come up with some bs rule that causes mopar to have to make drastic variations to their motors which is very expensive for them to do. I cant blame them for pulling out. They decided that a few weeks before winning the championship when new rules were going in effect for the next year. Pathetic, if you ask me. Going around in a circle at 190-200 mph isnt all that impressive anyhow. Going 330mph in 1,000 ft will vibrate your eyeballs inside your scull tho!

budascuda

Reaction score
Nascar changed the rules during mopars last year racing, just like the earlier years. Once mopar settles in and starts dominating, other teams cry and they come up with some bs rule that causes mopar to have to make drastic variations to their motors which is very expensive for them to do. I cant blame them for pulling out. They decided that a few weeks before winning the championship when new rules were going in effect for the next year. Pathetic, if you ask me. Going around in a circle at 190-200 mph isnt all that impressive anyhow. Going 330mph in 1,000 ft will vibrate your eyeballs inside your scull tho!

Thats what I thougt, its always the same when people gang up against you, sleazy underhanded shenanigans...
I don't think Chrysler has ever gone after the other manufactures in the same way, either too small to make a difference or too honest to bother, they KNOW their cars sell.

Last edited:

MerlinsMopars

Reaction score
Thats what I thougt, its always the same when people gang up against you, sleazy underhanded shenanigans...
I don't think Chrysler has ever gone after the other manufactures in the same way, either too small to to make a difference or too honest to bother, they KNOW their cars sell.
Yep exactly. Nhra has a new pro street catagory and chevy/ford started complaining about the Hellcat Demons right away so now they have to carry an extra 50lb in the car when they compete. They arent that light to begin with but I guess it makes it more competitive. They will still end up dominating, id bet on that.

Back