• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Vanishing Point Mystery Girl Pic

budascuda

Reaction score
By cutting the scene out, they tried to under rate the maturity of the audience .
"there used to be acting but now it's four barrel carbs, all the way"
I think it was Robert Mitchum who said that about Bullitt, the movie.

Also, metaphors aside, that kind of hooking-up was frowned upon by the God fearing folks, it was modern, like it is now!... 50 years ago! These folks weren't gonna have their children emulate that kind of behavior ;
Hitch hiking, Drugs, sex with a stranger, what next? a free run of the country?.... "fiery damnations I tell you......" that's what they said and still say.
These folks probably considered the ending as "justice served" and quite appropriate .
Funny thing is that, to a degree, the movie was about the type of people who would have the scene taken out!

on the side note,
It came to me the other day; I think "hot dam" is the modernized version of "fiery damnation"

Mopar okie

Reaction score
On a good note it was a Camaro that hit the dozer not the Challenger, look at it in SLO mo

340challconvert

Reaction score
Let's not forget the other girls in Vanishing Point
Victoria Medlin played "Vera", K's girlfriend. And by the way she was Barry Levinson's daughter (probably why she got the role)

I understand she was the girlfriend of KISS band member Paul Stanley. Sadly. she died in 1978. Ironic that she had "drowned" in the movie!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2PP3EwTs5xpQqPeXynTFiOjyb_IIc4M2UBEtP198JembrXthEMSK07qc.jpg

and Gilda Texter on that Honda Bike
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

mmissile

Reaction score
I can't watch that movie. Other than the car....it's just so cheesy and stupid. If it weren't for Steve McQueen and the chase scene, I couldn't watch Bullitt, either.

BriceRoad

Reaction score
I remember her as Paul Newman's girl friend in the movie "The Verdict".

That’s it! I knew I had seen her somewhere. She looked familiar but more specifically I knew I heard that accent somewhere. Even “The Verdict” is an old movie these days.

Really cool scene. I agree they should have left it in the movie. Never knew about before.

Back