• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB OK, I need a complete 70 Cuda grille, oh boy........

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemienvy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I'm in Washington state, will buy from anywhere with enough good pictures
of your grille. I need the whole thing, headlights, moldings, turn signals, the whole thing.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I think someone here will help you out.
Just wanted to say please please please, don't go near the A/B and E restoration parts, the guy is a crook, I talked to him before buying my grille, he assured me he is the only person with the right fitting metal/chrome trim pcs. and...... , but when I got the parts, guess what! Crap! (Except the turn signals) I called him back and he showed his true colours. he is the scuzzies charlatan you can ever come across.
Oh yes, and good luck.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes,
He told me " I have been in mopars since I was shittin yella" "nobody except me has the right trim pcs. because I had them custom made"

Well it's my fault too, I know how to spot a crook by his word usage but I gave him a bit of leeway.

We have very good members here, if one is not available at the moment, they will point you the right direction.

RR70

Reaction score
Rating - 33.3%
1   2   0
I've always had good luck with Mike at Vans with all the parts I've bought from them for many years. Not sure if they're making the 70 but they do make the 71 cuda grilles. Might try him. Great people there.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm surprised to read your comment about Mike at BE/A. He is the only person who remanufacturs the black AAR 70 grills. I was planning on buying one.
@budascuda What was wrong with the grill you received?

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a complete 70 grill, headlight doors, signals, and I think all the chrome. It is mounted in the header panel and hanging in my basement. What type of pictures and how many do you need? I don't want to take it out of the header panel unless I have to.
How much were you wanting to pay?
I'm on Vancouver Island about 30 miles north of Victoria BC

DrEamer

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm surprised to read your comment about Mike at BE/A. He is the only person who remanufacturs the black AAR 70 grills. I was planning on buying one.

I am as well. I have only had one transaction with him, and he went out of his way to make sure to ship my part out before he went on vacation. That said, my part was only a marker light patch, not a whole grill.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good morning Cude Hunter, two major issues;
1) the metal edge trims on the top and bottom lip of the center piece do not fit worth ****. I have to cough up $300 to get used ones.
2) the finish paint over spray and imperfection on the center section paint, as if a bug sat on the fresh paint and couldn't get away and had to be removed by hand.
Did I mention not properly fitting trim pcs, that just turned me off in a bad way. The reason I called him in the first place, before buying the grill was to make sure the trims fit properly.
In fact, i joined this site 3 years ago to find out if others had the same experience with this guy and one of our Aussie members said he had the same problem but he found out a year later when he needed to install the grill and the metal trims on his grill were taped on and now he had to paint the grill as the tape left a residue and that wouldn't come off after a year.
The only positive thing that came out of that ordeal was me becoming a member here and making wonderful friends (and a few enemies, lol).

sheetmetaldan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a really nice looking grill. Just a little over spray. Nicest I've seen on craigslist for some time now.
That`s what I thought too it looks real nice! I don`t go on Craigslist or here as much as I used to and I saw the grill then this post right after that like it was fate, so long as Hemienvy wants it.

hemienvy

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, thanks a bunch for the tips and such.
I have an email in to the Craigslist ad, no reply yet. 704406 you have a PM.

fastmark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this is news to me. I’ve bought 7 of Mike Ross’s B,E and A grills and they are flawless. All the trim fits perfect and the paint is perfect as well. His lenses and other parts are the best out there. Did you buy the complete grill or just the stainless trim? The only thing I noticed was that the protruding plastic was slightly smaller on the repop grill so the original trim was a little loose as compared to oem, so it need to be squeezed a little. I’ve had no problem with mike though.

Last edited:

fastmark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And if you are looking to buy a complete black resin grill from Mike, I doubt you still can. He only made so many and the last time I talked to him, he only had a few left and was saving those for some restorations he was doing.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, this is news to me. I’ve bought 7 of Mike Ross’s B,E and A grills and they are flawless. All the trim fits perfect and the paint is perfect as well. His lenses and other parts are the best out there. Did you buy the complete grill or just the stainless trim? The only thing I noticed was that the protruding plastic was slightly smaller on the repop grill so the original trim was a little loose as compared to oem, so it need to be squeezed a little. I’ve had no problem with mike though.

"Mike" probably figures if he has to send something to a foreign country, he doesn't have to worry too too much about an unhappy customer, you see, he is that kind of clown.

Last edited:

davescuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one no cracks or repairs

F9578F29-4882-4893-B776-333B4A57B506.jpeg

024B0FEB-BFB3-4FAF-8B6E-7E3FC0FCFBB2.jpeg

7609D29C-BAF8-468D-A8A7-CEB9E4322BFD.jpeg

76F102C2-F2DB-45F7-A24E-19249AA1F334.jpeg

680C3A99-6773-44BB-BF12-4731A6AC4C5A.jpeg

5A7FAC88-FE06-4D9D-9FFC-0D58F6F6D75F.jpeg

F2D175A6-A7A9-4AFD-A9DD-959FEA8CD70E.jpeg

996D6DF2-D289-4AF6-9A18-AE006742937B.jpeg

FBE21BEA-2622-4A35-9EAF-F30C8E41F5A5.jpeg

B9B37D38-00BE-4CC5-8477-8ED93C0B090B.jpeg

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fastmark,yes, I bought the whole kit. The grill,lites,lenses, trim ,name plate........ the whole lot.
Since you have bought 7 from him already, let me know when you need the 8th, I will sell you the kit he sent me, if you are happy with the quality of his product then it shouldn't be a problem, what do you think? Are you game?
I have the kit in the box as it was, let me know when you are ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back