• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Old geezer has a few questions

Tom Frost

Reaction score
I have a 2011 5.7 eagle hemi out of a Dodge Durango. I am installing in a 73 Challenger using stock Mopar injection, MDS delete and Comp 220/230 cam and beehive lifters. Hoping to use Jeep SRT exhaust or TTi headers if needed. Using a non computer built 904 trans mated with Bouchillon flexplate and Mancini Racingr motor mounts (already purchased).

Looking for 400-425 hp. Weekend cruiser/ not a drag car.

What ECU would be best for my stand alone system? I see the Hemi 6 only goes up to 2008. What do you guys think about the new Holley set-up? Can use your expertise in this matter as I am a 75 year old carb guy and confused by computers/new stuff. lol

fasjac

Reaction score
I hear ya, I would be lost on that part. Gonna be very nice though!
These guys guys can get you going.

DrEamer

Reaction score
Look at Holley's new Terminator X. Also, you might consider someone like EFI System Pro to buy it from. Same prices as Summit or Holley direct, but offers their own tech support in addition to what Holley has. I have not bought from them yet, but Chris has been great about answering questions. The link below is to get a parts recommendation for what you need for a complete install.

EFISystemPro.com

fasjac

Reaction score
Look at Holley's new Terminator X. Also, you might consider someone like EFI System Pro to buy it from. Same prices as Summit or Holley direct, but offers their own tech support in addition to what Holley has. I have not bought from them yet, but Chris has been great about answering questions. The link below is to get a parts recommendation for what you need for a complete install.

EFISystemPro.com
I’ll have to keep that info Dreamer. This

EFISystemPro.com
Good info Dreamer! Can’t wait until I need it. Won’t be long hopefully.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
In my experience the manifolds will not clear the steering box with a factory K member , TTI is the go to choice

Scoop

Reaction score
There is a Youtuber, Dylan McCool who put in a 5.7 Hemi into his 74 Challenger. He deleted the MDS system as well. I believe he used a Holley Terminator system on it. He goes into a lot of detail installing it. Might be worth while checking him out? Good luck on your install.

Back