• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Factory Dash Pads - Options

moparmarks

Reaction score
Well yes I do. Have known Al for years. I got him to do the 71-4 B pads 15 years ago and gave him his first 15 cores. Check out the El Paso BBB and then you'll see why he has changed his business name several times. The only way that I would deal with him is to meet him at a show. Inspect the pad that I want and if it looks good then hand him the cash and a core and be done with it. He can put out a nice pad but has also sent out a lot of blems too. I now get all my pads from Bob at ABCMoparts which I also know. Great, stand up guy.

moparmarks

Reaction score
This statement by a couple of us should have been a red flag.
Dash Pros/dashes2Go/Dash Masters/Ultimate Rides and what ever his name is now
People don't change their business name that many times for a "good" reason.

Katfish

Reaction score
I'll second the caution.
Bought a pad from Dash Pros, or whatever they are called, seems like they have at least 5-6 names they operate under. Luckily it was a group buy, and after 3 dashes sent and returned, I gave up and accepted the just ok 4th. I would suggest never buying from them unless you see the dash in person. They have absolutely no quality control and just ship anything out. The 2nd dash I got from them had a plastic frame and was literally warped 90 degrees. I had ordered a factory metal frame, so even if the plastic part was just a mistake, how do you ship something that is clearly defective. The 4th dash has several defects and most of the parting lines and corners are poorly formed with wrinkles. After 6 months of the back and forth, they wore me down and I just accepted it.

How do you ship this out?

Last edited:

Katfish

Reaction score
Yeah, I had slowly grown to forget how bad it is and live with it.
This thread brought back all the bad memories......
My car is a nothing special and this is low of my issues list, but just sucks shelling out that kind of money for this.

Had I known, would have saved the $1k and lived with the plastic dash cap I had.

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
I've seen the bad reviews and that is why I am dealing with them in person. I live an hour and a half away and certainly wouldn't buy a pad from them sight unseen. I'm getting a steel framed pad, no way I would have a plastic one. They had several steel frames lying there waiting to be done, so I'm not worried about that. If the quality of the finished pad isn't acceptable I have no problem refusing it. The one that they had in stock looked really good and I would have purchased it on the spot except it was an AC pad and my car is non AC.

moparmarks

Reaction score
Dealing with him in person is the way to do it. Beings how you can go bang on his door it will probably workout fine for you.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I'll second the caution.
Bought a pad from Dash Pros, or whatever they are called, seems like they have at least 5-6 names they operate under. Luckily it was a group buy, and after 3 dashes sent and returned, I gave up and accepted the just ok 4th. I would suggest never buying from them unless you see the dash in person. They have absolutely no quality control and just ship anything out. The 2nd dash I got from them had a plastic frame and was literally warped 90 degrees. I had ordered a factory metal frame, so even if the plastic part was just a mistake, how do you ship something that is clearly defective. The 4th dash has several defects and most of the parting lines and corners are poorly formed with wrinkles. After 6 months of the back and forth, they wore me down and I just accepted it.

How do you ship this out?

That is totally unacceptable. OMG, that just isn't right. Was it in a truck for delivery that hit 180 degrees in the box?

Charlie71rt

Reaction score
I paid something like 700.00 to have Just Dashes do my core about 20 years ago, excellent, exact grain (I’ve seen a lot that were not) and still looks like new. They even installed my vin with the correct rivets and my Challenger emblem. Shipping from Vermont to California and wasn’t cheep on something that size.

sdcbowler

Reaction score
i saw a thread comment that the Year One pads were decent...and maybe made by one of the companies above?
I purchased a dash pad last year for a '70 Challenger from Year-One. They use a company in Texas called Al Knoch Interiors. Paid almost $1100 which included the core charge. Was told I would receive my pad in 6-8 weeks.......it took six months. I payed the core charge of $195 which would have been refunded once I sent my core to them. I decided to hang onto my original steel core. I think I could sell it for more than that, if I ever decided to. One thing I have come to realize with most of the aftermarket parts.....even those that are 'authenticated' by the OEM, but not made by the OEM......is that most times, you may have to do some grinding, cutting, trimming, or sanding to get the part to fit. Before I purchased the pad from Year-One, I bought one of the ABS core pads from Classic. I went to attach it to my frame and found that some of the studs did not line up with the holes in the frame. This is what prompted me to have one recovered.

It's always a 'buyer beware' situation. We all have good and not-so-good things to say about the companies we frequent in the aftermarket industry. I think it just comes with the territory.

If I get time this weekend, I will lay both of the new pads out, take some pics, and post them here for members to compare.

heminut

Reaction score
Well, it was more than a week, but I got my dash pad from the Dash Pad Factory. It wasn't their fault, I got Covid and had to wait to go pick it up. I am very satisfied with the pad I got, it looks great in my opinion. I'm in the process of installing it right now and will post pics once I get it all done.

440WB

Reaction score
Well yes I do. Have known Al for years. I got him to do the 71-4 B pads 15 years ago and gave him his first 15 cores. Check out the El Paso BBB and then you'll see why he has changed his business name several times. The only way that I would deal with him is to meet him at a show. Inspect the pad that I want and if it looks good then hand him the cash and a core and be done with it. He can put out a nice pad but has also sent out a lot of blems too. I now get all my pads from Bob at ABCMoparts which I also know. Great, stand up guy.
I bought 3 pads from him about the same time period - he did show the blems before I paid -
however - not all of them - and the pictures were not the best. Price's I paid was as low as 325 with core sent which had air pockets at the top vents ( something like Katfish has shown above ) as expected for the low cost one but the core was rusted missing lots of metal - it was painted black.
The other 2 received later was 600 had a few dimples with air flaw at the name plate - the 900 was of his nicest one - at the time I thought quality was good back in 2009 - had to wait a couple months. I have talked to Allan Foxx on the phone when he would come to the phone?
also I have bought from him what was to be New leather bucket seat take offs a customer did not like black I was told - turned out they too had blems of stretch material marks with scuffs not mentioned.
Dont know anything about them lately ?

moparmarks

Reaction score
I bought 3 pads from him about the same time period - he did show the blems before I paid -
however - not all of them - and the pictures were not the best. Price's I paid was as low as 325 with core sent which had air pockets at the top vents ( something like Katfish has shown above ) as expected for the low cost one but the core was rusted missing lots of metal - it was painted black.
The other 2 received later was 600 had a few dimples with air flaw at the name plate - the 900 was of his nicest one - at the time I thought quality was good back in 2009 - had to wait a couple months. I have talked to Allan Foxx on the phone when he would come to the phone?
also I have bought from him what was to be New leather bucket seat take offs a customer did not like black I was told - turned out they too had blems of stretch material marks with scuffs not mentioned.
Dont know anything about them lately ?
He is still around and still operating as usual. Just saw him at the Spring Fling.

72 blue 400

Reaction score
dont forget the trimming to get your light bar to fit,el paso texas pad

Attachments

• B556E30F-8350-476D-83DE-C1072D34F500.jpeg
    B556E30F-8350-476D-83DE-C1072D34F500.jpeg
    510.7 KB · Views: 115
  • 19A2DF4B-6910-465A-837B-BF0A251925F2.jpeg
    19A2DF4B-6910-465A-837B-BF0A251925F2.jpeg
    466.4 KB · Views: 120

themechanic

Reaction score
I bought a 70 Cuda black dash on steel core with one speaker and AC from ABC Moparts June 29, 2022. I have been waiting and checking in with Bob since before last December. I received a receipt for what I ordered. Today (July 1, 2022) I received a black single speaker pad on ABS core for a non AC car from Al Knoch Interiors in Canutillo, TX; ABC is in Kingman, Arizona.

I left a text and a message with Bob. I called Al Knoch Interiors but the guy who answered, Phillip, said he didn't know anything and would have Al call me Tuesday after the holiday.

More to come...

Back