• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Barracuda Door Glass installation,

NixDad

Reaction score
I could also assist, but as I live in Wisconsin I may wait to see what the outcome of the game is!
I hate putting in glass. Plan 3 hours per glass/regulator. If it goes easier, you win.
Clean and regrease first.
Mirror, Door handle and locks should be in first. Hardware stops installed at top of door?
Put a few layers of tape along top of door so you don’t scratch the paint.
Main regulator goes in through large opening at the bottom of the door with the window crank post to the back of the car. Then once in the door rotate the whole mechanism inside the door to get the post in the correct position.

ken 408 Stroker

Reaction score
I could also assist, but as I live in Wisconsin I may wait to see what the outcome of the game is!
I hate putting in glass. Plan 3 hours per glass/regulator. If it goes easier, you win.
Clean and regrease first.
Mirror, Door handle and locks should be in first. Hardware stops installed at top of door?
Put a few layers of tape along top of door so you don’t scratch the paint.
Main regulator goes in through large opening at the bottom of the door with the window crank post to the back of the car. Then once in the door rotate the whole mechanism inside the door to get the post in the correct position.

ken 408 Stroker

Reaction score
I now have the handles in and the window regulators in, Now for the Glass. I'm Holding off, Saturday is get caught up day, And Sunday is the 49ER game, so it's looking like the following weekend. Thank you for the advise, so far it's been not as Bad as first attempt.

Ivs cuda

Reaction score
I can take pictures of a cuda door with the glass Still installed With the door panels off. If you need certain areas like that hard to see down inside the door
Hi any chance you could message me these pictures as well I am doing the same job Cheers

SRKlegin

Reaction score
Morning, Where did you source the book? I am in the middle of changing all the glass in doors and quarters. Have the glass and the rebuild kits on hand

fasjac

Reaction score
Sorry all my book are in the attic while we do some work on the shop.
The easiest way would be to download the pages you need. No need to print the entire manual. Mymopar.com

SRKlegin

Reaction score
Good morning members,
Not really doing so well when I worked on installing the driver's side door glass yesterday following procedural steps and ran into issues.
1. Installed all components i.e. door latch rods...etc...
2. Laid glass on bench and installed front track guides.
3. Installed aft track guide bracket.
4. Slid front Track guide on the glass panel.
5. Attempted to carefully slide the entire assembly in but neither front nor rear roller guides would clear the opening.
6. Re-configured glass panel only doing front track; taking off the rear track guide bracket. Still won't clear the opening.
7. Even took off the door seal assembly on the door opening thinking that was the problem. Still didn't help.

"Could there be a contour problem with the glass itself? It didn't appear to be off when I checked original with the replacement door and quarter glass kit I got from classic industries"?

1972 Plymouth Barracuda

SRKlegin

Reaction score
Good morning members,
Not really doing so well when I worked on installing the driver's side door glass yesterday following procedural steps and ran into issues.
1. Installed all components i.e. door latch rods...etc...
2. Laid glass on bench and installed front track guides.
3. Installed aft track guide bracket.
4. Slid front Track guide on the glass panel.
5. Attempted to carefully slide the entire assembly in but neither front nor rear roller guides would clear the opening.
6. Re-configured glass panel only doing front track; taking off the rear track guide bracket. Still won't clear the opening.
7. Even took off the door seal assembly on the door opening thinking that was the problem. Still didn't help.

"Could there be a contour problem with the glass itself? It didn't appear to be off when I checked original with the replacement door and quarter glass kit I got from classic industries"?

1972 Plymouth Barracuda
Also ensured that the front Track was installed correctly. Looked at the opposite side and the upper bracket has an additional hole above the main bolt hole. The stock roller guide has "L" stamped on the the guide itself. The reason for all this talk is that I had a glass technician remove it, so I didn't take this apart and am unsure of the procedures he did.

Laffen 1958

Reaction score
Good luck, i just finished mine on a Challenger it is not easy. I tok it apart for 8 years ago . ( bad memory )
But you manage :)

Back