• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

any info on Ed Hamburger 1971 Challengers

Vindicare066

Reaction score
Just came across this post. Maybe I can shed some light.

The Ed Hamburger challenger from the US Nationals currently resides in Ontario Canada and has been there since 1976.

The VIN on the car is of a 1970 Challenger TA. However, was converted to a 71 RT to race in the NHRA F-SA class.

Here's the car today.

20230514_183736.jpg

George D

Reaction score

The Ed Hamburger challenger from the US Nationals currently resides in Ontario Canada and has been there since 1976.

The VIN on the car is of a 1970 Challenger TA. However, was converted to a 71 RT to race in the NHRA F-SA class.

Here's the car today.

View attachment 106542

George D

Reaction score
When was the last time you raced it? Mine was found up in Brunswick Ca and is being restored.

Vindicare066

Reaction score
When was the last time you raced it? Mine was found up in Brunswick Ca and is being restored.
The last major national event that the car went to was the sports nationals in Kentucky in 1980, where it was the runner up in class. After that the car was parked until 1988/89, throughout the 90s and early 2000s and early 2010s the car mainly ran locally in the CanAM series at Cayuga, Grand Bend and London.

The car hasn't ventured down to the States very much since coming off the track. In 2005 I brought the car down for the 35th Anniversary TA/AAR Cuda Car in Carlisle, Barry Washington was the president at the time of the AAR and TA club and invited the car down, that is when I learned it was a TA car. The other time it was State side was in 2006 at the Beaver Springs Nostalgia Drag race and car show.

It gets out from time to time, but mainly for car shows.

George D

Reaction score
The last major national event that the car went to was the sports nationals in Kentucky in 1980, where it was the runner up in class. After that the car was parked until 1988/89, throughout the 90s and early 2000s and early 2010s the car mainly ran locally in the CanAM series at Cayuga, Grand Bend and London.

The car hasn't ventured down to the States very much since coming off the track. In 2005 I brought the car down for the 35th Anniversary TA/AAR Cuda Car in Carlisle, Barry Washington was the president at the time of the AAR and TA club and invited the car down, that is when I learned it was a TA car. The other time it was State side was in 2006 at the Beaver Springs Nostalgia Drag race and car show.

It gets out from time to time, but mainly for car shows.
I'm glad to see you hung on to it I kind of kicked myself. Nice to see the old colors being represented.

George D

Reaction score
I would believe Brian still has his demon, I bought that car from him when he was having some trouble with his business and then when I got out he bought it back. The rest of the cars I have no clue what happened to them. If I remember right you were up in Ontario weren't you?

Vindicare066

Reaction score
I would believe Brian still has his demon, I bought that car from him when he was having some trouble with his business and then when I got out he bought it back. The rest of the cars I have no clue what happened to them. If I remember right you were up in Ontario weren't you?
That correct, Phil Strudwick my ex-partner and I reside in Ontario, we bought the Challenger together and raced it up until 1980. Phil ended up buying a Duster and added it to Ed's team, it ran under Strudwick and Spencer. That Duster has been in Ontario since the mid 80s, and has changed hands a few times it eventually got purchased by a close friend of mine who ran it locally, but he sold it back in early 2010s. To my knowledge that Duster is still in Ontario. Outside of that, I can't speak to where the other cars ended up.

DougfirUcode

Reaction score

Here's the car today.

View attachment 106542
That's incredible it still looks like that

Valiantrich

Reaction score
That's incredible it still looks like that
Neil Goldstein ran a Hamburger Duster and a Challanger back in the late 70s. The Duster is now a Stock eliminater car called the Saw Duster and doesn't race much. I know that Neil started with a TA Challanger and made it into a 71 340 with Thermoquad. It was painted in the Hamburger colors and may be the car you are interested in. email me at [email protected] and I will give you contact info.

Vindicare066

Reaction score
Neil Goldstein ran a Hamburger Duster and a Challanger back in the late 70s. The Duster is now a Stock eliminater car called the Saw Duster and doesn't race much. I know that Neil started with a TA Challanger and made it into a 71 340 with Thermoquad. It was painted in the Hamburger colors and may be the car you are interested in. email me at [email protected] and I will give you contact info.
Neil Goldstein was the previous owner I bought the 70 TA challenger off of him in 1976. The car currently resides in Ontario Canada.

Back