• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

ECS

Reaction score
Bh - barracuda
4 - 4 door
1- 1st one made
H-340
0 - 1970
B- Hamtrack

Slick name. Are you graced with working on this car?

The 41 actually represents a 4 Door Sedan. And the "slick name" is not associated with this project whatsoever. He's just an instigator hoping that someone takes his palpable bait.

mmissile

Reaction score
No my friends Dad's supposedly knew a guy who said 3 that were built. One may still be around but it was a body only and sitting in a field. It was stripped for its engine trans and rear. 440-4bbl car for police testing.

2wdzfxu.gif

BH41H0B

Reaction score
I'll do some investigative work to see what I can find out. If the car's still around hopefully I can get a vin number. If I remember the story right, one was yellow, white, and red. The 440 was yellow.

Last edited:

ECS

Reaction score
A few people had commented about the altered appearance of the inner C Pillar shape. You can't have a 4 Door with the same "fastback" appearance of a 2 Door Model. If the Body lines around a 4 Door C Pillar were angled like a 2 Door, the person getting into the car would hit their head when entering. There would not be sufficient room for climbing into the back of the vehicle.

Below are some comparison photos to illustrate the point. Notice the B Body 2 & 4 Door design. The 4 Door Satellite's Roof-line looks taller than the 2 Door version to accommodate clearance for a Passenger to enter the back seat. We actually narrowed the top of the custom C Pillar to give our 4 Door a more "fastback" appearance. For what we accomplished, our 4 Door profile is not as square and tall looking as the "real" 4 Door vehicles that Chrysler built.

2dr_vs_4dr-B-Body.jpg

2dr_vs_4dr-Cuda.jpg

aussiemark

Reaction score
In Australia we had 4 door and 2 door muscle cars from GM, Ford and Chrysler that share the same front panels and I disagree with the suggestion that if they made this 4 door Barracuda the 2 door would be worthless today, the 2 door would be the same value as it is and the 4 door would be worth slightly less that is the way our cars have worked out. People try and buy a 2 door but if they can't find the right car and a good 4 door comes up they take the 4 door and usually 4 door cars have an easy life while the 2 doors are abused the 4 door's body always seems more ridged because of the extra strength provided by the b pillar. Perhaps if this car went into production it may have broadened the appeal of the E body and production may have continued beyond 1974.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'll do some investigative work to see what I can find out. If the car's still around hopefully I can get a vin number. If I remember the story right, one was yellow, white, and red. The 440 was yellow.

We would love to see some pics of these said cars. You would provide a missing link if you can get pics of even one of these cars. Let's see it!

BH41H0B

Reaction score
We would love to see some pics of these said cars. You would provide a missing link if you can get pics of even one of these cars. Let's see it!

I'm trying. I emailed the dude and he's finding out of the car still exists. When he gets back in touch with me I'll ask some more specific questions like if they pulled the build sheet from the back seat. It was yellow and had a 440 which is all he said. When I get more info from his Dad and family I'll post it. Hopefully we can get the VIN number.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I'm trying. I emailed the dude and he's finding out of the car still exists. When he gets back in touch with me I'll ask some more specific questions like if they pulled the build sheet from the back seat. It was yellow and had a 440 which is all he said. When I get more info from his Dad and family I'll post it. Hopefully we can get the VIN number.

We'll be waiting. That would be awesome.

ECS, I'm really enjoying this unique build, please keep us informed. Really want to see the color on the car!

ECS

Reaction score
BH41HOB, maybe if you can share with us who your "source" is, we can help you with your research.

Hi Leo! You are wasting your time entertaining the comments of this person. He is either the obsessed individual who continues to stalk me and this project (under his alias) or a friend of his. Pay no attention to his babbling diversion.

BH41H0B

Reaction score
70-Cuda 4 door 02.jpg70 cuda 4 door 1.jpg

Well I came on here to post more info I received..... I was afraid of that type of negative response but not surprised. The owners do not want to make a lot of information public on this car but it was yellow and the engine was a 440 (engine and trans gone). Its located in Ohio and is not for sale. I specifically asked about a build sheet was told the owner doesn't recall if he's ever looked under the rear seat. There is no fender tag they said. Maybe ECS can use some of that info for his car. They are uneasy about posting this car because it sounds like they know exactly what they have. They say it was 1 of 3. I gave them ECS's contact info if they want to reach out to him.

This car is located in south-central Ohio. They also own other mopars. Family had a dealership around Athens Ohio a long time ago. Pictures were taken years ago when it was stored outside. The rear photo shows the tall roof line, headliner falling down, and problems around the fabricated rear window. Its missing the molding for some reason and covered up with tape. I would suspect it was leaking. Also some paint is randomly pealing off around the rear window. Its currently inside out of the weather.

70 cuda 4 door 1.jpg

70-Cuda 4 door 02.jpg

4 door project page 4.jpg

Last edited:

BH41H0B

Reaction score
Pictures of the front and rear really don't show how many doors it could have. A side view would nail it. So there you go.

I'm working on getting more pictures without being a rude third party person trying get lot of information published. I was told the thing leaked like crazy and they kept it covered.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Pictures of the front and rear really don't show how many doors it could have. A side view would nail it. So there you go.
What are you talking about Leo it is clearly a 4 door (if you count the hood and trunk as doors) I have one wrapped in a cover in my yard as well being a 1 of 3 I leave it out in the open to rust away and of coarse I wouldn't want to show anyone else this car I care so much about.

aussiemark

Reaction score
Once the firewall and the rear of the car get so rusted away you will be able to gain access to the car from the hood and trunk so technically these openings become "doors".

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Lol to all the above sarcasm. But i keep getting excited to see the updates and then nothing ...
I will start here with the ignore button on the thread jack.

Now back to the regularly scheduled build.

Mike

BH41H0B

Reaction score
I should have mentioned the main reason the car was covered outdoors was because it leaked water through the glass like a sieve. Those were the only two pictures they sent me.

Back