• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

ramenth

Reaction score
This whole project is nothing short of sickening and a complete waste of time , I wonder how much this person wants for this car when its done so i can buy it and crush it . Its an insult to the E body

Riiiiiigth... did you even read the first post? This is based off a prototype Chrysler was building, so I guess the Chrysler engineers were insult you personally, right? Way be in the '60's? There were station wagon sketches I've seen over the years, too.

This is what I get for having all my time taken up by guys who can't read the rules in the classified section.

Tell you what, '70... don't like it, keep moving. This is a nice build watching come together and from the reaction the majority of the site is having fun watching it all unfold.

ECS

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.
Sorry if you already covered this but. Did you retain the same wheel base?

The wheelbase is about 116 inches which is the same as a B Body vehicle. We increased the stock Barracuda length by approximately 8 inches.

ECS

Reaction score
Lookin good. How about an out side body shot.

I am way behind on getting updated pictures. I will post some new ones next week. The Body is completely together and we are doing final adjustments on panel gaps before the primers are applied. Stay tuned.

ECS

Reaction score
-Bump-
Any updates to feed us?

Sorry for the long delay. I've had too many projects going on at the same time. Here are a few photos of the Body completely finished including the welding. I need to take new photos that show where we are currently at with the project. All of the Lead Seams have been finished and we are close to completing the primer phase.

IMG_2781-F.jpg

IMG_2782-F.jpg

IMG_2797.jpg

ECS

Reaction score
Lookin' forward to it.

The car body will be painted and in my Shop to be re-assembled sometime in October. We took a break for other projects so I am still behind in current, updated pictures. Here are a few that show the roof and its "rough" shape. After the lead was was used to contour the C Pillar area to the Fender, a thin layer of filler was applied to smooth out the transitions. We also ended up cutting the roof from side to side to take out the stressed areas that was bowing/pushing it upward. That ended up dropping the overall height by over an inch. After the cuts were welded, we pulled the seam(s) up to minimize the amount of filler that was required. We've had a few people who keep complaining about the "raised roof" look but we knew along that the final appearance would turn out exactly like we had planned.

IMG_2998.jpg

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_2974.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You are so right, that's too funny but now we can learn from the questionable tastes of the past.

ECS

Reaction score
Looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I've had some People asking fur updates so I thought I'd post these shots until I can get updated pictures of the car in primer. They were taken a while back and show the final "roughed in" shape of the Roof & Doors. The Roof of the car dropped another inch after we split it across the top to relieve the stress that was caused by the custom shape of the "C" pillars. The final shape and fit of the body panels turned out better than expected. The panel gaps and door edge crimps are all consistent and look just like the Factory would have done them.

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3339.jpg

IMG_3330.jpg

IMG_3338.jpg

IMG_3336.jpg

IMG_3337.jpg

Back