• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 70 Challenger 6 cyl automatic car for sale LA Craigslist-Not Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
Found this on the LA Craigslist Not Mine
Original paint 1970 Dodge Challenger - $15000
Kind of rough but still has the original 6 cyl engine
Thinking it is a little too highly priced for the condition. I think the seller is a dealer? Near Beverly Hills believe it or not!
NEED a car for SEMA? I have an original paint 1970 Dodge Challenger
Happy Hunting
Dino2 (1).gif

00303_lCDpqrbh9xL_1200x900.jpg

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ANYTHING OVER 5 OR 6 K AND YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I like that it’s a driver and has the red or burnt orange interior that I would love to see but yes, they’re out of their mind with that price.

00n0n_6LidfgpTZBZ_600x450.jpg

00O0O_dEKrk49z2x1_600x450.jpg

00A0A_hJk7oU7CDoB_600x450.jpg

00s0s_cqqzJev3v7a_600x450.jpg

(google map)

1970 Challenger Coupe

condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
paint color: white
size: compact
title status: rebuilt
transmission: automatic
type: coupe

NEED a car for SEMA? I have an original paint 1970 Dodge Challenger FOR SALE FOR $15,000

NEED a car for SEMA build? I have an original paint 1970 Dodge Challenger - this Challenger has it's original white paint with the original red sun burnt red bucket seat interior with a center console and floor shifter. Has all the original dents and rust from being 48 years old - and the Challenger is an F code E body built in the Los Angeles assembly plant. And it looks like the Vanishing Point movie Challenger just before the crash.

This Challenger would make a perfect SEMA project car with a HEMI or HELLCAT or DEMON drivetrain in an all original patina Challenger Coupe - for sale for $15,000 and will consider all trades with $10,000 in cash plus a true valued $5,000 trade of an old car, old truck, old motorcycle, Harley, Indian, etc. - $15,000 - show contact info

P/S - yes it runs and drives just fine in it's as-is condition with even the fuel gauge and charging systems working perfectly. It starts right up and would make a cool daily every day driver as is!

trade barter new old used gift restore restored hot rat rust street rod project car classic vintage old school car show best want wanted need needed build mopar hemi road runner gtx barracuda cuda rt r/t es se aar 318 340 360 383 426 440 ddual quads 4 speed rally wheels ram air hood side pipes sure grip posi

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the flattened driver side quarter panel come at no extra cost? Lol
The price is high, for sure but its something else when you can get your hands on an all original surviver.
It's a gem in the rough, hot dam....

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"And it looks like the Vanishing Point movie Challenger just before the crash"...

I think that's a little harsh, coz as far as I know, they swapped the Challenger with a Camaro in the buldozer-impact-scene... :-D

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in and around the Beverly Hills area, 5 or 6 k price tag on a 70 challenger may not be taken seriously.
The Hills crowd can't go to their friends and say I only paid 5 grand for this, they might wonder what's next?
The poor house?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
"And it looks like the Vanishing Point movie Challenger just before the crash"...

I think that's a little harsh, coz as far as I know, they swapped the Challenger with a Camaro in the buldozer-impact-scene... :-D
I like your avatar Chryslerdude!

aussiemark

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the Vanishing Point Challenger half way into the crash. They did swap the Challenger with a Camaro for the crash scene if you pause at the right moment you can see a Camaro badge on the front fender it was a 67 Camaro because it had the quarter vent windows in the doors only the 67 had them. However it doesn't look like it has much rust (only surface) and slant 6 cars are quite rare.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looks like the Vanishing Point Challenger half way into the crash. They did swap the Challenger with a Camaro for the crash scene if you pause at the right moment you can see a Camaro badge on the front fender it was a 67 Camaro because it had the quarter vent windows in the doors only the 67 had them. However it doesn't look like it has much rust (only surface) and slant 6 cars are quite rare.
And it’s still way overpriced!

Chryslerdude

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did swap the Challenger with a Camaro for the crash scene if you pause at the right moment you can see a Camaro badge on the front fender it was a 67 Camaro because it had the quarter vent windows in the doors only the 67 had them.

Actually, there's a few frames with both the Camaro tail lights clearly visible too..

Glad they didn't kill it.. I remember leaving the cinema in pretty bad mood, back in the day!

Vanishing Camaro.png

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can obviously see the /6 in the car but can any one tell if the car is an original /6 car just by looking at the engine compartment? What I mean is could this engine compartment be of 440 or 383?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interesting still pic from the movie.
The interior was already on fire before the car even hit the bulldozer!

Dino2 (1).gif

Actually, there's a few frames with both the Camaro tail lights clearly visible too..

Glad they didn't kill it.. I remember leaving the cinema in pretty bad mood, back in the day!

View attachment 48039

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I can obviously see the /6 in the car but can any one tell if the car is an original /6 car just by looking at the engine compartment? What I mean is could this engine compartment be of 440 or 383?
There’s no way to tell, as I don’t think there’s any difference in appearance under the hood other than the engine. K member might be different between a leaning tower and a big block but it’s not visible with an engine sitting on it, in other words I’m sure it’s a /6 car.

moparlee

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

There is something on the firewall where the voltage regulator would be, but it is not a volt reg. Looks like a flat plate.

budascuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks DetMatt1,
I needed to know that before saying the following;
I know it's far fetched and some one might say......
Last week, I watched Ted Stephens (the owner of the vanishing point cars) on aficionAuto u tube video. In the clip he claims the original vanishing point cars do not exist. Sorry folks didn't mean to shock you!
He says; total of five cars were salvaged in 1971 and that fact is confirmed by a reliable source!!!!!!
I can see chrysler doing that , so a stunt car with possible structural damage is not sold to the public .
Now, a comment was made by the show's host that haunted me ever since I heard that the cars were salvaged,
The comment was something like " and if one still exists, no one knows were it is....".
So we come to this AD, a rusty banged up 70 challenger. The car seems a bit odd. The corners on the car are interestingly enough, in good condition. So are the bumpers, I bet they are original too. its possible the owner wasn't a terrible driver, yet judging by the side panels, it looks like he was running people off the road in that car !
the main thing is that it's offered in the Hills. That is what got me thinking. Why there? Did it belong to a person who worked in the film industry or a production company ? Its interestingly peculiar.
Don't forget the tail lites, it's a "driver" with no tail lites, peculiar indeed.
Now, If someone saved one car from the movie and removed the 440 or the 383 that was in it and put a /6 in it and let's say salvaged the car, then no one would know. In those days dash pads and fender tags were sometimes transfered to another salvaged vehicle without too much restrictions. I think there is reason enough to check the body vin to see if the car was originally a big block car, I mean for the heck of it. If the car was a big block, there is a chance that we are looking at the mopar's holy grail.
Life sometimes plays cruel tricks, but its funny, ( if you don't take it personally).
One in a billion chance, but still a chance, they couldn't have just vanished!

Oh,
I forgot, it has a rebuilt title, up until few years ago they called that salvaged!

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Rear valance, flat hood, non R/T grille treatment all look original to the car and no front bumper gaurds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back