• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What's going on here?

AUSTA

Reaction score
Already admitted the car no longer exists selling chassis ID illegally

Rapidfire

Reaction score
I totally agree with you guys! Just curious, what would be the right thing to do with the vin plate/fender tag when you know the car doesn't exist anymore?

brian6pac

Reaction score
In the state of Ohio it legal to use a donor car to rebuild a car, when you are finished building the car it has to go to the State Highway Patrol for a new vin #

Reaction score
Reported to EBay. We'll see what they do about it. I'm not usually one to "snitch", but selling VINs, fender tags, etc. sets a true enthusiast up for failure when he/she buys a forged Cuda or Challenger R/T and it IS criminal in most, if not all, states. Years after the first post about this and the guy is still trying to find some sucker to buy the identifying parts of a junked AAR. Unbelievable.

aussiemark

Reaction score
I am happy I will never have to buy another car, this type of activity is getting more common and socially acceptable. I want all the cars that didn't survive to be allowed to go out with some dignity and not have their identity put on a lesser car to try and rip some poor buyer off of their hard earned money. Just imagine how you would feel having paid a fair price for what you thought was a genuine car only to find out it is some Frankenstein creation. Some people don't care but for me it is all about the originality it is what it is or it isn't there is nothing in between. I know the full history of my Challenger from the day it was ordered from S.L Savidge Dodge in Seattle to the day I bought it from it's second owner. I know enough about the construction of these cars to tell if some thing has been messed with but not every body in the hobby does and I would hate for a new enthusiast to get ripped off by some lying POS.

brian6pac

Reaction score
If you are paying that much $ for a car It should be inspected by a somebody that knows what they are doing or it should be the buyer responsibility. No difference in buying a house, you get it inspected because you don't know anything about it.

Back