• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What are you doing with your ebody this weekend?

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
SO what is everyone doing to their ride this weekend? Going to a show? Turning a wrench? Give us some details!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Probably just glancing at it every once in a while as I finish putting lower control arm bushings in the Imperial.

Grady Cain

Reaction score
20170327_150232.jpg

Got out the steamer to start installing the new carpet (which is quickly becoming a PITA) and am beginning the process of installing all new glass (another PITA.) Still smiling though!!

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
As much as I hate to do it, I will be pulling the original slant6/904 drivetrain in prep for swapping in a 5.9L/904. I use the car as a daily driver, and since my commute is mostly 2 lane desert roads for the 41 mile span, passing is quite important. The anemic power output of the leaning tower of power has become problematic. In addition, I am in the desert, and 115° summer heat and lack of AC makes for sweat-soaked business attire. Adding AC to the slant is very expensive and would further SAP the forward motion generated by the engine. I am keeping the powertrain, and will be rebuilding it with moderately more power (a bit more complression and a bit of cam), but until then, it has to go.

I bought a $400 running, driving '98 Durango as a donor. I'm taking the engine and HVAC and transplanting them into the Challenger. I've seen a few guys get the Dakota/Durango under-dash HVAC boxes to mount up in place of the existing heater box. 2 small holes for the refrigerant lines and some mounting provisions are all that will have to be added. Durango condenser and pump will fit fine as they are. When the slant goes back in later, the HVAC will stay and the only challenge then will be adapting the pump to the slant.

Last edited:

340challconvert

Reaction score
Continuing to work on cleaning up the wheel wells and inner fenders in preparing for paint.
Stripped to metal, rustproofed, epoxy primed, and ready for painting.
Eastwood products do a good job!
IMG_0821 (1).JPG
IMG_0859 (1).JPG

Dino2 (1).gif

AUSTA

Reaction score
SO what is everyone doing to their ride this weekend? Going to a show? Turning a wrench? Give us some details!
Fitting my new ESPO +2 rear springs
Replacing the air shocks with Gabriel fluid shocks hopefully it will make for a better ride

rklein71

Reaction score
I am picking up my freshly machined 5.9 that I am stroking to a 408. This weekend will be cleaning all passages and block, running a tap through all bolt holes and preparing to put my engine together. Oh year, EQ Stage II heads from MoparMagnum, reground cam, Edelbrock Air Gap manifold, and a 3310 Holley (for now) to top it off. Rod
IMG_3720.JPG

michael

Reaction score
Leaving early tommorow morning going to caffine and octane cruise in a 700 plus car event the first Sunday of the month here in Atlanta....no shoveling snow for me...taking the Challenger out!

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
Finishing the engine swap I started last weekend... The slant, God bless it, is going to get me killed on the high speed 2 lane desert roads I commute on. I grabbed a 5.9 out fo a Durango, Eddie RPM airgap Magnum intake, used Eddie 1405 carb, used trans from a friend...

It's in, bolted up, and getting close. I just need to adapt the throttle linkage bracket to the magnum bolt pattern and wait for my coil pigtail to show up and I should be good to go by the end of this coming weekend.
20170507_234613.jpg

1969VADart

Reaction score
Adding more lights to my garage so I can see better to work on my Challenger. Then dropping the fuel tank, cutting the windshield out, and removing some of the few remaining parts from under the hood, so I can start assessing the body work to come.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Finishing up the right side brake/suspension rebuild, and pulling the original windshield to replace a cracked unit with a tinted version.
Brakes rt side 3.JPG

Cudafever

Reaction score
Tried to break into the 7S at our local 1/8 mile track with my new carb. Started the day at 8.17 ended the day with 8.04.....so close but so far a way. Would make it ease if i gutted the interior....but just can't, even thou it's a trailer queen. Think i'm going to have to break down and buy a better converter.

hofilbert

Reaction score
I'm not doing a darn thing...again. I've missed 5 shows already due to rain, and have only driven it 7 times all winter from Oct. until now because of the rainiest winter/spring since record keeping began in 1895 (some 122 years). What a great time to have a classic convertible. :(

jimbyr

Reaction score
Put in the new gas tank and sending unit and new fuel line. Put on new AMD rear bumper, refurbished the tail lights and housing, and installed new AMD rear vallance. Brake lines and brakes this weekend

Jim

assembly.jpg

71Challenger/6

Reaction score
Drove her under her own power with the 5.9L this weekend. I have to modify the Durango Y-pipe for ground clearance, however. A little nip and tuck will buy me back some serious clearance. I had to do the same in the Ram 5.9L Y-pipe in my '68 Charger too. Finally, this weekend I'll ditch the temporary worn out Eddie 650 for the Quickfuel Slayer 600 that showed up yesterday.

cudaben

Reaction score
Same as usual, not alot. Stalled out for years, looking at pieces, parts again to get some motivation.
003.JPG

Back