• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Metro Door panels: Paint them??

NorCal_mike

Reaction score
I am going to restore the interior of my Fk5 Gran Coupe, and from my research here sounds like Metro are the best fitting panels but only available in black/white. Has anyone here painted them? i am torn between restoring to factory FK5 interior or just going with white interior.

The goal is to keep survivor exterior and restore interior, engine bay, and trunk.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Have you tried looking for the correct oem panels?

Make sure you use the plastic primer before paint!

Let's see what your current panels look like....

NorCal_mike

Reaction score
Have you tried looking for the correct oem panels?

Make sure you use the plastic primer before paint!

Let's see what your current panels look like....

They are chalky... scrape them with my fingernail and <poof!> they turn into dust. I have located some OEM black panels that I am considering spraying to match original. My goal was to restore interior and leave exterior paint/body as 'survivor'. I am trying to decide whether to restore original(burnt deep orange everything, houndstooth seats) or go with dream interior(white panels, seats, black dash, headliner). Maybe i should create a poll here.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I like white, but white turns dirty really really quick.
And if you change to white, but have a survivor exterior it will possibly hurt your field of potential buyers.
I for one am always looking for colored interiors. Black and white are very common and not really in the wheel house. I like red interiors, but orange interior is just about as good as red. But you get the houndstooth interior. That's sweet!
And not a common find as a buyer.

Just paint/dye them with the sem products and I bet it will hold a little more value in the long run than putting a new white interior in.
Your color combo is absolutely stunning.

This being my two pennies anyway.

AUSTA

Reaction score
MY TA is F5K4 i sprayed the new plastics with base coat then finished with satin 2 pack clear
Same base coat on dash but used flat clear
Used Legendary roof liner,Salt & Pepper seat covers ,Carpet.
2 years & still looks like new no peeling

Ray Evins

Reaction score
Where can you purchase the metro panels? I need doors, rear quarters, kick panels, seat backs and A pillar. Need to dye tan.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Nothing better looking than FK5 interior, absolutely awesome. No doubt in my mind how I would redo that interior.

fk5aar

Reaction score
I’m in the process myself, these are original. I need door panels and rear seats

ED37D318-65F7-454A-B607-4EDB0F8E0243.jpeg

Back