• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

‘cuda pup?

‘cuda pup

Reaction score
I’m Eric from Northern Indiana.
I used to have street and strip racers back in the 70’s and 80’s. Now getting back into it with my 1973 ‘cuda. It has a 340 .030 over, putting out maybe 400hp. Running a 727 TorqueFlite with a 2,800 stall converter. Only a 3.55 gear as 3.73 was just to much to gain traction. Plan on making a Restomod with this car. Going all coil over complete front suspension package. Hope to see her in a magazine when done. Been just doing small parts to make the car as good as it gets and when an original part comes off it’ll be stored and can be returned to the car to put it back to all original condition again.
It’s had a great fresh paint job done last year with very little metal work needed. Going to tuck the deep dish wheels under the quarters with a narrowed Dana with a four link.
This was my dream car as a kid. My dad took me down to the Plymouth dealer when he was looking at buying a new car. We saw brand new Hemi ‘cuda’s, Road Runners, GTX, etc. He brought home the dealer book and Inslent hours looking at those cars. I was only interested in the, “Go Fast”, machines. I was a mature 10 years old when it came to go fast. Everything I did was wide open.
So the dealer gave me a ‘cuda model with the different engine size billboards. Guess which ones I chose? Yep, Hemi! That car sat on my dresser until I was 15 and I swore I’d own one someday. First car was a ‘73 Camaro. Wasn’t meant to be at that time I guess.
So here I am. Hope to make some good Mopar friends. Love taking muscle cars.
Going to put together a new car club in my area. Hope it works and we can find a garage and put in a couple lifts and a good meeting room. We had a pretty big Mopar club in my area but it went out. They had some awesome cars and members. Hoping to get either a mixed or Mopar group. Either way it’ll be fun.
‘cuda pup? My dog loves being in the garage with me. If I’m in the car he’s in there with me. If I’m under the hood or car, so is he.

IMG_6163.jpeg

IMG_4871.jpeg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site !
First do some research before jumping on the coil over front suspension , Mopars had far better suspension from the factory than other brands & the coil over suspension is not that great of an upgrade , try to drive one that has been modified as often you will lose ride quality & or steering radius or end up with what amounts to Pinto suspension .

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice cuda. I second Chryco Psycho's advice. Our mopars handle in factory form quite well! There's a reason Dodge and Plymouth had the cop car market cornered in the sixties, seventies and eighties. Bigger torsion bars, larger sway bars (front and rear), Moog offset upper control arm bushings, modern shocks and tires dialed in will make a mopar handle like it's on rails! Love the pooch!

‘cuda pup

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Nice cuda. I second Chryco Psycho's advice. Our mopars handle in factory form quite well! There's a reason Dodge and Plymouth had the cop car market cornered in the sixties, seventies and eighties. Bigger torsion bars, larger sway bars (front and rear), Moog offset upper control arm bushings, modern shocks and tires dialed in will make a mopar handle like it's on rails! Love the pooch!
Thanks X!

Back