• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

15" Rally wheels

ply64post

Reaction score
I am trying to find out what is a fair price for a set of 071 73-74 15" rally wheels going for.

Thank You
Jeff

moparleo

Reaction score
They generally were either 6.5" or the more rare 7" size. The price will always depend on the condition of the wheel. Rusty ? Bent ? Lugnut race area worn/damaged ? Date codes important ? Buying or selling ? As always, fair price means whatever the two parties agree on. No Set prices out there.

ply64post

Reaction score
They generally were either 6.5" or the more rare 7" size. The price will always depend on the condition of the wheel. Rusty ? Bent ? Lugnut race area worn/damaged ? Date codes important ? Buying or selling ? As always, fair price means whatever the two parties agree on. No Set prices out there.

Sorry they are 15 x 7.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
If you look closely he said the #071 15” rally’s which were ‘73/4 and were only 15 x 7.

fasjac

Reaction score
Probably worth a good bit ( depending on condition) for someone looking to be date code correct. I see the repro from 100 to 150 out there. If there good condition, they won’t depreciate.

Reaction score
If you look closely he said the #071 15” rally’s which were ‘73/4 and were only 15 x 7.
I live near Central Michigan University, I’m looking for 15x7 steel wheels. I’m open to original or repop. Coker is back ordered for ever. Any advice on where or with whom I could purchase four or five wheels? I already have 4 nice NOS redline center caps. I’m looking to change from my original 14” Ralleys. And help locating a set would be greatly appreciated. Since I’m new to this forum and to being a Mopar owner finally.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I live near Central Michigan University, I’m looking for 15x7 steel wheels. I’m open to original or repop. Coker is back ordered for ever. Any advice on where or with whom I could purchase four or five wheels? I already have 4 nice NOS redline center caps. I’m looking to change from my original 14” Ralleys. And help locating a set would be greatly appreciated. Since I’m new to this forum and to being a Mopar owner finally.
Hey fellow Michigander. I’m sorry I don’t know of any offhand. I would start by searching the Mopar Facebook groups. There are several “buy, sell or trade“ groups.

Mopar Mitch

Reaction score
For factory original 15x7 rally rims, I've seen average prices around $1200 for a set of 4 (regardless with or without center caps and trim rings).... you'd be better with new center caps and trim rings purchased separately if you want like-new condition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For factory original 15x7 rally rims, I've seen average prices around $1200 for a set of 4 (regardless with or without center caps and trim rings).... you'd be better with new center caps and trim rings purchased separately if you want like-new condition.
I agree, I have already purchased NOS center caps. My problem is that I want to purchase new repop or old original 15” steel rims and I can find any to purchase. Either no one has any or they are on back order. I’m looking for a member who has done for sale or knows where I can get a set. Thanks

NoCar340

Reaction score

@Top Bannana R/T: Another Michigander from the opposite direction (Upper Peninsula). I partied at CMU a few times '88-'90. 😁

I have a set of reproductions that came on my car, but two are 7" and two are 8" wide. The rears had 275/60R-15s on them and they cleared everything. I have the trim rings and centers, but the rings are repro and the centers are '72-up. A couple of the wheels got sun-baked in Alabama and need refinishing, but they have less than 2,000 miles on them and are straight. I've no plans to ever use them. If you're interested, let me know. I'm about 3 hours west of the Mackinac Bridge, but may be able to arrange very inexpensive shipping.

In the interest of full disclosure: The rear rings were needlessly trimmed at the valve-stem holes (cut straight back to the inside edge) because I think a previous owner thought it was necessary (it wasn't). It's not really obvious once installed. The caps and rings go with the wheels whether you want 'em or not... I don't want 'em either. 😂

Reaction score
I think he’s after plain steel wheels guys not ralleys.
DetMatt is correct. I apologize for the confusion. I’m new to mopar and thought I was using correct terms.
I am looking for what I believe is called 15” steel wheels. They come black but usually painted body color with a dogdish center hubcap. My car came with 14” ralley wheels with trim rings and centers like the second photo.
I actually like both styles and wouldn’t mind having a second set to use when I want to change the look up. So I’m wouldn’t mind getting a set of both in 15” even though my original inquiry was about the 15” painted “Steel” wheels.

6AE61EA7-CDB2-43A0-9B7B-461F40EB7959.jpeg

CCFC029A-F11E-4C98-B102-F5F6A62EE8A5.jpeg

floyd

Reaction score
If you’re looking for correct appearing 1970-71 15X7 steelies s check with Tony’s Mopar Parts. He made repro “450” wheels that are pretty spot on. Third item down:

E-Body | Tony's Parts

Reaction score
Summit Racing has Chrysler steel wheels which will accept the factor "dog-dish" hubcaps. Paint `em and you are good to go.

wvi-63-5012052_ml.jpg
View attachment 81066
I have heard that some people find that the dog dish hubcap doesn’t stay on this brand wheel as you drive. Most are disappointed. Does anyone one else have an opinion on how good the dogdish stays on? I don’t want to spend the money if the caps don’t stay on. I want the dogdish look.
Any other suggestions?

Back