• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 4 door cuda?!?!

ECS

Reaction score
How about a progress report on the item that this thread is supposed to follow. Thank you.

Here are a couple of photos showing the Factory style, Argent Silver Paint that was used on the front Grille. We used a Factory original example, that Steve had at his Shop, to format from. It's a bit hard to make out but the metallic flakes are quite large. I'll see if I can come up with a closer picture that illustrates that detail.

18.jpg

14.jpg

resq302

Reaction score
Dave, was the Argent Silver textured like the challenger counter part?

ECS

Reaction score
Dave, was the Argent Silver textured like the challenger counter part?

I'm not sure because my R/T Challenger grille was painted with non-texutured satin black. (You can see it in the link I posted earlier.) On every project we have been involved with, Steve uses NICE original Factory examples as a format. This holds true for every component that gets painted on the car. (Grills, Brackets, Engine, etc......) We have never used a pre-mixed/determined formula from a Paint Store or a "rattle can" mixture. We use nothing but hardened, catalyzed paint components. It takes more time & effort but adds individuality and durability to the restorations.

Last edited:

TCB

Reaction score
Ah ok. Thanks, Dave. I never knew what that piece of paper was called.

TCB,

If Dave is obviously boring you, why do you feel the need to keep coming back? I'm guessing no one has a gun to your head forcing you to make comments on here.

Funny you think I'm been attacking you.

Now you want to play the victim card.

Did you know you've posted after ECS 58 times since page 18?

also in the last 15 pages...you posted after ECS posts for a total 19 times and now you are attacking me?

Please.

ECS

Reaction score
Who cares how many times anyone has posted after me. RESQ302 never causes any problems. The only statistic that has any significance is that you and your cronies only post when you have something negative to say or try to instigate.

Last edited:

resq302

Reaction score
Funny you think I'm been attacking you.

Now you want to play the victim card.

also in the last 15 pages...you posted after ECS posts for a total 19 times and now you are attacking me?

Please.

You must have a guilty conscience. I never stated that you were attacking me. I was simply making a comment that if you don't like what Dave is posting, DON'T come back! Plain and simple.

Also, what victim card? How am I the victim? I'm simply posting the facts.

Yes, I have the notification set on my email to notify me immediately when someone responds and then I look and respond as necessary. I guess that is the joys of having smart phones and portable technology. I guess you don't take into account the amount of times that I respond directly after you post. But then again, that would only discredit you more.

resq302

Reaction score
Aww Dave. You ruined my post ! Here I was all set to post right after TCB and you beat me to the response. lol

ECS

Reaction score

You should change your posting style and demeanor if you want to remain anonymous. We know the TC stands for "Tuff Cat". What's the "B" stand for?

TCB

Reaction score
You've become much more paranoid and even less mainstream over this project than ever before

ECS

Reaction score
You've become much more paranoid and even less mainstream over this project than ever before

Then by all means let's clear this up now! My name is David Walden from Chesterfield, MO. I am the person responsible for and funding this project. And you are.......?

ramenth

Reaction score
You know what? I've about had it this s***. When I get here first thing in the morning and see that there's already a few flagged posts calling for banning and my fellow mods are already in discussion about what's going on, it's time for the merry-go round to stop and every one get off because they're getting dizzy.

I'm not locking this thread, though I'm sorely tempted. The only posting would go through me and only ECS would be able to post. And, then, only pics and updates.

Seems like a lot of folks have a corn-cob where the sun don't shine. We have people who take exception to Dave and we have a prima dona builder who doesn't like his "expertise" questioned. Enough of both. The attitudes change, right now, or there will be no attitudes to deal with.

Build the effing car, already, and let your work do the talking. Quit flapping your gums over it. Someone questions the details, well, that's how they learn. Oh, my goodness, and if someone points out something, well, that's how you learn, too. No one can claim to know everything. Quit pretending you do. You're not doing yourself any favors by making fun of those who are asking the questions. If you don't like the critique then why bring it to the internet? Leave it to the judges. Yeah, yeah, I know. As a shop owner any publicity is good publicity. You're running a risk by mouthing off, in that you're gonna turn people off by your attitude as well as attract them by your work.

Given the fact that Dave has a following of people who like to follow him around and stir the s***, those people need to realize learn that there's a thing called a life. Get one. Buy one, rent one, or steal one for all I care. Just get one, already. If you don't like the work, then take it the shows and heckle there. We'll let the show organizers and security deal with from there.

The attitudes will be checked at the sign in page from now on. One hint of making fun of someone for being "less knowledgeable" and the thread goes bye-bye. There goes all that free advertising. And then people will have to wait til they see the car at the show for you to get it back.

I want the comments kept to the build itself. Any more mudslinging is an automatic time out. Some of you have a low post count here and most of those posts are in this thread. Time to engage in the rest of the site. If you don't like the thread, move on. Look at the pretty pictures, roll your eyes, do whatever, but if you're not asking questions pertinent to the thread or the build itself, move on. Hey, there's an idea, Dave... since you're here, why not impart some of that knowledge on some other threads, when folks ask about what's correct and what's not?

This the second thread I've had to put my foot down in concerning a four door Barracuda. Seems like it didn't stick.

ECS

Reaction score
No one can claim to know everything. Quit pretending you do.

I do know "everything" about this project because I'm personally involved in every aspect of its custom build. From this point forward I'll will simply post progression photos and a brief description of the content. Thanks!

ECS

Reaction score
......a four door Barracuda.

Here is the "original" documentation & paperwork for this vehicle. They are first run (incomplete) preliminary proofs. There will be quite a few changes and additions to make before they are finalized. Merry Christmas to all the E Body Members!

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

rklein71

Reaction score
I have really enjoyed this thread. I have found it very informative and all the good pics gives me reference for my 71 Bcuda build.

resq302

Reaction score
Dave,
Any progress on the car? I'm sure you have been busier than just pushing paperwork around. lol

TCB

Reaction score
Dave,
Any progress on the car? I'm sure you have been busier than just pushing paperwork around. lol

Confucius say further promotion and update of the thread will come to those who wait...

Last edited:
C

Contraption

I say keep em coming. A car like this may never have been built but lots of info here can be used for regular resto work.

Back