• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Challenger

Old B5

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to the site. Picked up my first restoration project this summer. It is a 1970 Challenger. I have been around Mopars my whole life, because my dad has always been a Mopar fan and has done several restorations himself. He is definitely going to help me with the project. I also got a 1972 Challenger parts car with the project. Between the 2 cars I have most of the major parts needed for the restoration. I plan to tackle all of the project except paint and body. It is an original 2 owner 318 car with an automatic. I have a strong running 340 to put in it, but i really want to go big block. I plan to go with modern brakes and maybe some modern suspension parts on it. Not enough to call it a rest-mod but just a few upgrades. Wish me Luck!

IMG_1280.JPG

IMG_1279.JPG

IMG_1288.JPG

rklein71

Reaction score
Seems like everyone wants a big block e-body. I have owned a 70 Challenger with a transplant 440+6 and a 71 340 Cuda in my past. Truthfully, the 340 Cuda was a lot better handling car. My current project is a 71 Barracuda that I put a 408 small block in it. Ultimately, it is your car, and it looks like a great one to fix up. Rod

IMG_3720.JPG

440rush

Reaction score
Welcome to the site oldB5 from mid north Indiana, Looks like a great project you have there. B5 is my personal favorite color.You have joined the right site here. You'll find lot of help & information here. Just a thought but you could use the 318 or 340 for now and swap a big block later or build up the 340. Good luck

Back